Staff News and Information
- A point of concern. Many staff members have brought it to my attention that they are hearing negative talk in regards to some of the changes at West Union. Let's focus all of our energy on caring for all kids during this time of change.
- Be kind to one another. We are all stressed in one way or another as we start the new year. Phrases like good morning, please, or thank you, are ways to add a positive vibe to our staff community.
- Please remember to shut your doors when leaving for a fire drill. Many doors were left open. The doors need to be closed because it helps with fire containment.
- Reminder for your students. Students that eat breakfast need to find their card before getting food. Cards are color coded for each grade. Kinder purple, 1st red, 2nd yellow, 3rd pink, 4th blue, 5th orange, 6th green, and SLC has their own column with smiley faces.
Fall Fundraiser tickets to the Spelling Bee and Auction are still for sale. Currently there are only 19 individual tickets and 30 family tickets available. Family tickets are for 2 adults and up to 3 kids. Remember tickets are PRE-SALE ONLY, there will be no ticket sales at the door (not even for staff). Can't make the event? Click on our donation only ticket to contribute to the fundraiser. Here is the link:
Kim Harrington and Aliceson Brandt got their grade book set up before entering assignments. The Google Slides presentation link below was very helpful, specifically slides 5 and 6. If you need any help getting it ready to roll, feel free to see Kim or Aliceson. They are happy to help!
Thank you Kim and Aliceson. This level of teamwork and support is awesome.
Old school and old doors. Just a reminder that the doors do not automatically lock once they are unlocked. Many of the doors need the key to be turned all the way back to the locked position in order for a door to be locked.
Please respect each others space. If a staff member's room is locked, please do not enter and use that room without permission.
- The Monday Good Morning Challenge. Find 10 people to greet with "Good Morning", as quickly as you can.
- Robin is out of the building from 12:00-3:15
Monday September 19th is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. At first glance, it may seem like nothing more than another silly made-up holiday. However, if you dig a little deeper, engaging activities like this provide us an opportunity that would be a shame to miss. Taking even just a short amount of time to utilize things like the Pirate theme, we can bring learning to life for students. Argh! Let’s Teach Like a Pirate!
- Back to School Night from 5:30-7:00
- Care Team mtg. 10-11.
- John, in a meeting @ WU from 1;30-2:15
- Principal Directed @ 2:20 in library
- Staff Meeting @ 2:30 (celebrations/concerns, sub folders, DRA questions, etc.)
- 3:30 Staff social at Rock Creek Tavern