November 16, 2014
Monday, Nov. 17
Tuesday, Nov. 18
Wednesday, Nov. 19
-Comfy Cozy Day-Bring in a $1.00 and wear PJ's.
Thursday, Nov. 20
-Parent Evening Conferences-see Sign Up Genius for the schedule
Monday, Nov. 24
-No School; Parent conferences and Thanksgiving Holiday
This week we will be reading the story My Grandmother's Patchwork Quilt.
We will also be focusing on the following:
- compound words
- using connections to make sense
- point of view
- readers make unique text to self connections
- identify when a connection isn't helpful
- facts and events
- digging deep to make connection
We will be taking the Unit 3 Math test on Tuesday. Corresponding math journal pages, math boxes, and Home Link examples are referenced for your review. Please also refer to the information provided on Everydaymathonline.com using your child’s login.
These are the skills we will be working on:
- Skip counting by 5s and 10s (for example: count by 5s starting at 60, count by 10s starting at 140)
- Number line sequences (for example: fill in missing numbers from 96 through 110)
- Frames and Arrows diagrams with 2 rules (pages 69, 70, HL 3.6)
- Addition number stories with money (pages 54 box 5, 68 box 5, 78 box 6)
- Single coin values (P,N,D,Q, HD)
- Coin exchanges (pages 55 Spinning For Money Game, 57 making another way, HL 3.2)
- Making coin combinations for given amounts (pages 57 making one way, 76 #1, 77 #3, 74 box 2, HLs 3.2 and 3.7)
- Finding values of coin combinations (pages 60 box 4, 68 box 2, 72 box 1, 78 box 1)
- Showing and telling time to the half-hour (pages 58 box 1, 59, 64 box 1, HL 3.3)
We had such a great time on Friday building our instruments!! A BIG THANK YOU goes out to the following parent volunteers: Mrs. Testani, Mrs. Dooley, Mrs. Keyser, Mrs. Bittar and Ms. Swaney. We couldn't have done it without you!!!
Our sound test will be this Thursday. I have attached a review sheet.