comparison of world religions
- started with Jesus Christ
- holy book is the Bible
- 2 billion believers worldwide
- That christ died for their sins.
- beginning of time
- Noah and the Ark: God told Noah to build An Ark because there was going to be a flood. The flood was coming because the world was so sinful god was going to wash all of the sinners away.
- The most common way of it spreading people speaking the gospel of jesus Christ and his truth
- Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the only perfect, holy person that ever walked this earth.
- They meet at a church.
- by India gaining independence
- no one
- the soul never dies
- 4000 years
- blind man and the elephant: a group of blind men were asked to identify an elephant. They were conflicting with each other on what it looks like. It's like preachers and scholars views are blinding. They're ignorance causes them to quarrel
- 820 million
- sacred texts.
- no one book. but Vedas or Puranas
- Brahma, Vishnu, and shiva was the trinity of gods
- They often met in Ganges
- Hindus believe that cows are sacred and holy.
- They believe you achieve complete happiness and peace by eliminating wordly desires
- Northern India
- 2500 years old
- Parable of the Poisened Arrow: the moral is that you shouldn't waste your time on the things that don't matter, but rather focus your priorities around the things that will help you and that matter
- 362 million
- no sacred book. Dhammapada
- Spread by Buddhist Monks or Nuns.
- They don't particularly meet but have their own time of prayer of reading