Read-A-Thon A Huge Success!
Way to Go Chester Readers!
The students of Chester have done it again!
The 2015 Ed Foundation Read–A-Thon was another huge success! We celebrate our young readers who together logged 176,727minutes, adding more than 61,000 minutes from last year! We thank the parents, friends, principals, and teachers who supported the students and their efforts to raise more than $11,000! This fundraising effort will continue to provide funding for grants, purchases of technology to support innovative classroom learning programs, new school clubs, and more!
Top Readers & Award Winners
Congratulations to the following classes for achieving the highest reading rate of their grade.
They have been awarded $100 Amazon gift cards.
- Pre K and Kindergarten: Mrs. Knowles
- 1st Grade: Mrs. Gambuti
- 2nd Grade: Mrs. Spurr
- 3rd Grade: Ms. Herzner
- 4th Grade: Mrs. Bartlett
- 5th Grade: Mr. Castro
- 6th Grade: Mr. McQueeney
- 7th Grade: Mrs. Wang
- 8th Grade: Mr. Yankowicz
Congratulations to the following Top 3 readers in each grade.
These students have each been awarded a medal and special prize. Additionally, the Top Reader (1st Place) in each grade has been awarded a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Pre K: Andrew Madinabeitia (1st)
- Kindergarten: Will Madinabeitia (1st), Christian Klause (2nd), and Evaline Manibay(3rd)
- 1st Grade: Jonathan Nadler (1st), Talon Wehmeyer (2nd), Kendrah Militante (3rd) and Honorable Mention to Matthew McAvinn
- 2nd Grade: Emily Madinabeitia (1st), Caroline Collins (2nd), and Kieran Surve (3rd) Honorable mention to Kate Shaw and Brody Meisner
- 3rd Grade: Grace Shoulberg (1st), Riya Atluri (2nd), and Jessica Pappas (3rd) Honorable mention to Robert Sikorski and Riley Corridore
- 4th Grade: Sienna Laracca (1st), Claire Collins (2nd), and Elizabeth Shoulberg (3rd) Honorable mention to Harry Tomasco
- 5th Grade: Sydney Pappas (1st), Danny Christensen (2nd), and Erica Russo (3rd) Honorable Mention to Sara Shareef and Elinor Hughes
- 6th Grade: Gavin Tomasco (1st), Evelyn Godown (2nd) and Noah Golabek (3rd)
- 7th Grade: Jasmine Meyer (1st), Alvin Cheng (2nd), and Nolan Mortensen (3rd)
- 8th Grade: Lucas Miller (1st) and Audrey Shultz (2nd)
The 2015 Education Foundation’s raffle winners are:
Katie Fisher (iPad Mini), Katelyn Treff (2 Devils Tickets), Lila Schoenfeld ($50 iTunes Gift Card) and Angel Smith ($50 iTunes Gift Card).
Thank you to Dr. Van Woert, Superintendant, Chester Schools and Mrs. Burden, Chester Library for all of their support!!
Principals' Highest Pledge Winners
Congratulations to all of our readers!!
The Educational Foundation of the Chesters wishes to thank the parents, teachers, and principals who support our children every day and who have made this program a huge success. The ultimate goal of the Read-A-Thon is to foster a life-long love of reading, and the children of Chester are well on their way!