The Madison School PTA Newsletter / May 5, 2023
Help Wanted for Madison's Explore More Day!
We have lots of ways to support this year's Explore More Day for all of the grades (K-5) to make the day an outstanding one for students.
1. Volunteer! There are opportunities to volunteer in the morning, afternoon, or all day on May 19 as well as some opportunities before the actual day. Please return the form that came home in your child's backpack, respond to the survey posted on FB, or email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
2. Purchase one or more items on the Amazon wish list! There are many supplies to chose from that are used for the various classes that day. Please use this link to view the list. Your contributions are most appreciated! The list will come down on Monday, May 8 - but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make a donation after that date.
3. Sponsor a class! Examples of sponsorship opportunities range from $100 to $500+ and could be sponsoring: a live animal presentation, magic class, painting instructor, music class, the beta fish for the fifth grade symbiosis class, a K/1 experience, or whatever class is of most interest to you! If sponsoring a class is something you are able to do in or would like to learn more about, please email email@example.com.
As always, the Explore More Day committee greatly appreciates your support.
Your Support Matters!
Madison community, thank you for continuing to support our PTA all year long. From the Fun Run and Butterbraid events to Trivia Night and the restaurant Cook’s Night Off events, thank you for the many ways that you give back.
We have two more opportunities in partnership with the Wheaton Park District for you, to save money while supporting our school:
1) Register for the Cosley Zoo Run for the Animals event taking place on June 3 and use the code MADISON23 when registering. You get $5 off your registration and $5 goes to the Madison PTA. *The discount code is only available for the 5k and 10k race option.*
2) Cream of Wheaton June 1-3 is a time-honored tradition in our community. Avoid the line and pre-order carnival wristbands for $25 (vs. on-site for $30). The PTA keeps $3 per wristband purchased and will be distributed May 24-25. An order form was sent home in backpacks, or you can go online.
Volunteers Needed for Fifth Grade Celebration
The 5th Grade Celebration is coming up (June 1!) and the planning committee is looking for any parents who are interested in helping during the celebration.
The group is looking for parents to help chaperone, hand out pizza, and facilitate games at the pool. Help is wanted both at the pool and the school. The day begins around 10:30 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m. If you're interested, please reach out to Erica Menocci.
Or, if you cannot help day-of, but are interested in contributing, there is a small wishlist - please contact Erica if you'd like to donate:
- Paper plates
- Outdoor games
Roller Skating is Back - Join the Fun!
After missing this great event for the last few years, Roller Skating Week is returning to the Madison Physical Education program! This year, kids will rollerskate from Tuesday, May 9th through Tuesday, May 16th during their regular Physical Education period.
Mr. Cortesi and Ms. Kane love having the help of parent volunteers during this exciting week. If you are available and interested in volunteering in the PE Dept for rollerskating, please reach out to Mr. Cortesi and your child's teacher. The shifts are as follows: