January 11, 2016
Greetings from the Principal
Dear Riverview families,
With the start of a new year, many individuals create individual goals ("resolutions") for themselves. Goal setting can be a powerful motivator. Specifically, when students set their own goals, they take responsibility and ownership of their learning goals. Riverview students work toward such goals throughout the school year. Among the daily and thematic learning units that take place in each classroom, there are also school-wide achievement programs to celebrate the success of student growth and the valuable contributions to the classroom made by each student.
For example, last week, students were treated to an exciting school-wide Spelling Bee, in which the top two spellers from each class competed for top honors at Riverview. Each month the PTA recognizes students who have read and submitted their minutes, and then provides rewards for top classes in each grade level. Each grade level also has goals for math fact mastery through the Scoop It Up program. Even with regards to student and classroom behavior, there are goals that gradually increase each quarter to keep students motivated.
It is an honor to recognize those students who accomplish their goals throughout the year. They inspire us as educators, they inspire their fellow classmates, and their success represents Riverview's ongoing efforts to provide personalized learning for each student.
Make it a great week!
Part Time Substitute Paraeducator Position...
The USD 232 Special Services team is looking for individuals interested in working as a substitute paraeducator. If you have a high school degree or equivalent GED and enjoy supporting students so to achieve high levels of learning, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. If interested, please visit our website at www.usd232.org and complete our electronic application for the substitute paraeducator position.
- Tuesday, 12th - 5th Grade Band Concert, 7:00 pm
- Friday, 15th - PTA Guys & Dolls Dance 6:30-8:00 pm
- Monday 18th, - No School - Building Closed
- Thursday 28th - 1st Grade Music Program 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, 3rd, - All Pro Dads Breakfast 7:30 AM
- Thursday, 4th, - 2nd Grade Music Program 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, 10th, - Kindergarten ONLY - No School- Parent Teacher Conferences Grades 1-5 in Session Parent Teacher Conferences 4:15 PM - 8:15 PM
- Thursday, 11th, - No School - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, 12th, - No School - Building Closed
- Monday, 15th, - No School - Building Closed
Don’t forget to check out the USD 232 Electronic Flyers webpage for information on events and programs offered by outside agencies. http://www.usd232.org/pages/DeSotoUSD232/DistrictInfo/forms_documents/Electronic_Flyers
Riverview Elementary PTA