Stop the MADNESS
What is Air Pollution ?
Air pollution is harmful gases and chemicals that destroys the Earth's atmosphere. It affects humans, animals, and the vegetation in various ways. In some cases air pollution results in many diseases or extreme cases, death. It also damages food crops and the natural environment.
- Damaged by pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, etc.
- Sulfur dioxide is a colorless toxic gas with strong smells that are formed by burning sulfur
- Nitrogen oxide is caused by car gases
- Odorless, colorless gases are found on the ground level ozone which is most harmful to plants
- Acid rain
- Carbon dioxide is a well known pollutant. For example: planes, cars, power plants, etc.
- Natural and manufactured causes can damage to the human body.
- Heart attacks
- Kills over 2 million people a year
- Asthma attacks
- 25 million people have symptoms of asthma attacks
- Skin cancer due to thinning ozone layer
Smog is fog or haze combined with smoke and other atmospheric pollutants. Its hanging over cities is the most common and obvious form of air pollution. Carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, is the main pollutant that is warming our global atmosphere.
People must start taking precautions now in order to stop increasing conditions to an even more extreme state.