Health & Friendships
The Coliseum Update
In This Update:
- Towel Amnesty Week
- Achieve Health & Fitness thru Health & Friendships
- Upcoming Events
- Ab Exercise of the Week
- Nutrition Workshop
- Monday Motivation: 4 Things the World's Happiest People Have in Common
Towel Amnesty Week
We are hosting a Towel Amnesty Week! Simply bring your towels or wash clothes back in and drop them in the laundry chute. No judgments, please and thank you.
Health & Friendships
Good Friends Are Good For Your Health...
Studies have shown, and many we have done here, that one of the best methods to finishing a fitness goal is to get a friend to go along with you. Accountability is very important, but it becomes even more productive when your accountability partner is someone you already have a relationship with. Setting a health goal and working together to achieve it is also a great way to build and strengthen the bond. This is a creative way for workplace wellness to enhance working relationships. And it's a good way to bring more juice out of you when you are competing against friends!
Mayo Clinic observed these benefits:
- Increase your sense of belonging and purpose
- Boost your happiness and reduce your stress
- Improve your self-confidence and self-worth
- Help you cope with traumas, such as divorce, serious illness, job loss or the death of a loved one
- Encourage you to change or avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as excessive drinking or lack of exercise
Give Buddy or Group Training a try!
Ab Exercise of the Week: Suspended Jack Knife
Try the suspended jack knife. You can use the TRX straps or a thick exercise band. This is a really good functional training exercise that uses the entire body while placing the most emphasis on the core.
Know Diet Nutrition Workshop
Wednesday April 30th, 12pm-1pm, Conf Room 1C
Everyday Herbalism: Practical Ways to use Herbs for Immune Health, Hormone Health and Athletic Performance.
* An introduction to what herbalism is and how to apply it to your everyday life for better health.
* Herbs that improve your immune system function and how to consume them.
* Herbs that help balance your hormone levels both directly and indirectly, and an explanation of herbal & lifestyle hormone balancing vs. bioidentical hormones.
* Herbs that help increase athletic performance.
* Q&A at the end to cover any questions or comments.
Presented by Joe Stiedle
Joel Steidle is a Health Coach and Yoga Instructor who is passionate about supporting people in improving their health through the usage of whole foods, superfoods and superherbs. More information can be found at his website at www.joelsteidle.com."