Library Lowdown (week of 4/11/16)
News and Technology from the OCMS library
- If you have a larger class and need more than 15 computers when you bring your classes to the library, book both the library and the library lab. That way, you can have enough computers.
- Please send Ms. Stellmann a quick email or talk to her beforehand if you plan on sending students down. She understands if there are not enough computers to go around but needs to know in case she is busy or not in the library.
- The library is closed on the following dates and times:
- April 13: STEAM Day activities (All day)
- April 21: Visit to Church Lane ES (9:45-11:15 AM)
- April 25: Visit to Dumbarton MS (8-10:30 AM)
- There may be more dates during PARCC
Teaching and Planning with You!
She recently did the second PBA with 6th grade reading classes. Each one was designed to suit the classes she co-taught with the classroom teacher. Mrs. Hallis' classes produced pamphlets on Greek, Egyptian, or Mayan cultures. Ms. Kelley's classes produced PowerPoints and pamphlets on Mayan, Japanese, Russian, Indian, or Chinese culture. Mrs. Lagomarsino's class produced posters on Ancient Egypt.
Tech Tool of the Week
This is the second file converter featured. Yes, it has ads. However, it seems to convert as many files (up to 250 MB in size) as you want.
BCPL Book Club for Students
Also, BCPL summer reading club volunteer registration starts March 28 and runs through April 10. If any of your children are interested in volunteering at your local branch, have them visit this page for more information and to register, when registration opens.
Adding event instructions
2. Put your entire BCPS email in to the box marked email
3. Click Add Event on the left-hand side
4. Follow the instructions in the box below.
Note: If you are co-teaching with me title the lesson Stellmann/"Your Name" or vice versa.
Connect with the OCMS Library
Ms. Stellmann, MLS
School Library Media Specialist