Lady Elk Volleyball Victory
Tuesday, Nov. 12th
Lady Elks vs Boswell
Game starts at 6:30 pm at Aledo High School
3D Printing Now at the Elk Library
Thank you from the BHS Key Club
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
College & Career Ready Elks
- 12/3/19 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
- 1/23/19 Parent and Student meeting for Juniors
- 1/30/19 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
- FAFSA Mobile App - The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA in Spanish
- $500 Mark Jameson Allstate Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- $2,000 Schoolhouse Connection Youth Scholarship Program Deadline: Nov 10
- Additional Scholarships
Scholarship For Freshmen: The Texas Match the Promise Foundation
The Texas Comptroller’s Office release information about matching funds for grade five through grade nine students who are beneficiaries of a Texas Tuition Promise Fund account. Find more information here.
- Complete FAFSA
- Send SAT/ACT to colleges
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (most deadlines are before Thanksgiving)
- Send transcripts to colleges (link here)
- Begin applying for Scholarships (ideally, 4-5 per week)
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT in fall 2019 or spring 2020
- Take SAT/ACT again over summer and/or Aug./Sept. of senior year
- Identify at least 5 colleges where you’d want to apply and figure out admission requirements
DUAL CREDIT FUNDRAISER
Hill College will have a JumpStart 5K Fun Run & Walk to raise awareness of the community-led scholarship fund for dual credit. The event is November 23. More information and a downloadable flyer are available here.
REGISTER FOR SPRING COURSES
Students, make sure you register for the spring semester of your dual credit class!
National Honor Society
UPCOMING MANDATORY DATES
11/13/19 November Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
12/4/19 December Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
2/5/20 February Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
3/4/20 March Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
4/1/20 April Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/14/20 NHS Induction
Want to stay up-to-date on all #Elk Family events? Click the button to be redirected to the Burleson High School Calendar.