From the Desk of Ms. Clark
January 31, 2019
As we celebrate another Catholic Schools Week, we are reminded that Saint Katharine Drexel Catholic School is not just a school. We are a family. Our students, teachers, and parents are motivated, dedicated, and devoted to each other. We are a Catholic School with a vision of what it means to follow Jesus and the teachings of His church. We are a powerful place that inspires hope in a world sadly depleted of hope. We are a place where we teach that with God, all things are possible when we trust in His power and strength.
At the close of this year’s celebration, on behalf of Monsignor Marine, Father Mike, our faculty, our staff, and our students, I thank you for helping make our week a success and for all you have done and continue to do in order to aid us in our mission
Other Service Projects Happening at SKD
- Our 1st grade will be collecting supplies and donating to the North Albany Academy in NY.
- Our Kindergarten is making cards and pictures for a little boy named Elijah who lives in Holland and was in a recent car accident. He is in the hospital with a brain injury. The students are making cards and pictures for him to decorate his hospital room.
- Our PreK students will be making Valentines for the residents in the dementia unit at Southampton Estates.
- Our 5th graders will be collecting coloring books and boxes of crayons to send to children at the Children's Hospital in Philadelphia. Our kids will make them a "thinking of you"card to brighten their day.
- Our 3rd graders will be sending Post Cards to the Coast Guard patrolling in the Persian Gulf. They are also excited to feed the birds by making pine cone bird feeders.
- Our 6th grade is excited to raise money for "Angles Closet" to purchase Prom tickets for needy High School Seniors who are unable to experience this rite of passage due to lack of funds.
- Our 7th grade made cards for Tavish McCosh and are collecting can goods.
- Our 4th graders are eager for warmer weather so they can clean up the school grounds with plants and new lights.
Important Wellness Reminders
Children are never to keep medication in their possession such as allergy pills, any non-prescription or prescription medicine. Cough drops must also be sent to the Health Room.
If your child requires over the counter or prescription medication during the school day- kindly have a parent or guardian drop off the medication in the original bottle/box and complete the forms. The link is here:
Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
Important information and applications for need-based grants and merit-based scholarships are now available.
Please visit the Scholarships & Financial Aid tab on the AOP Catholic Schools website to access the online applications for the Maguire Scholars Program, Howley Family Foundation Scholarship and all other opportunities available.
Catholic Schools Week 2019
Important Dates to Remember
2/8: SKD Infant / Toddler Playgroup
2/12: Saint Bede's First Reconciliation
2/15: NO SCHOOL, Teacher PD Day
2/18: NO SCHOOL
2/21: ABVM First Reconciliation
3/1: Mass 9am
3/5: Performing Arts School Play 7pm
3/15: End of the 2nd Trimester
3/18: 3rd Trimester Begins
3/20: 7th Grade High School Visitation Day
3/22: Terra Nova Testing Begins