OJR School Board Meeting Highlights
The following is a summary of the 2/25/19 Meeting.
- Congratulations to the Spelling Bee Champs from East Coventry, North Coventry, and the Middle School who competed in the county-wide Spelling Bee.
- Congratulations to the North Coventry Elementary School "We are VR" robotics team for qualifying to compete in the state competition.
For a complete listing of the students please reference the School Board Agenda.
Congratulations to the faculty/staff of
North Coventry Elementary School
for being named a Distinguished Title 1 school.
Welcome to OJR!
- Marilyn Duffy, Long-term Substitute Media Specialist at East Vincent Elementary School effective February 19, 2019 through the 2018 - 2019 school year.
- Stacey Montgomery, Health and Physical Education at East Vincent Elementary, French Creek Elementary, North Coventry Elementary, and West Vincent Elementary Schools effective date February 26, 2019.
- Sarah Ruzenski, Systems Analyst at the Warwick Building effective February 28, 2019.
- Stephanie Sugalski, Health and Physical Education Teacher at East Vincent Elementary, French Creek Elementary, North Coventry Elementary and West Vincent Elementary Schools effective date to be determined.
The School Board acknowledged receipt of the following policies for first reading as recommended by the Legislative and Policy Committee from the February 4, 2019 meeting.
- Policy 323 - Tobacco/Nicotine
- Policy 423 - Tobacco/Nicotine
- Policy 523 - Tobacco/Nicotine
The School Board acknowledged receipt of the following policies for second reading as recommended by the Legislative and Policy Committee from the January 14, 2019 meeting.
- Policy 005- Organization
- Policy 103 - Nondiscrimination/Discriminatory Harassment- School and Classroom Practices- Discriminatory Harassment was added to title.
- Policy 103.1 - Nondiscrimination- Qualified Students with Disabilities
- Policy 104- Nondiscrimination/Discriminatory Harassment- Employment Practices- Discriminatory Harassment was added to title.
- Policy 222- Tobacco/Nicotine- Nicotine was added to title
- Policy 247- Hazing
- Policy 249- Bullying/Cyberbullying
- Policy 904- Public Attendance at School Events
To access the policies, please click here.
Out of State/Overnight Student Trips Approved
- Ratification for the High School Indoor Percussion Ensemble to participate in the Mid-Atlantic Percussion Society Competition on February 16, 2019 in Matawan, NJ.
- Ratification of High School Indoor Track and Field Team to participate in the PTFCA Indoor State Track and Field Championship from February 23-24, 2019 in State College, PA.
- Approval for the East Coventry Elementary School 2nd Grade Class to visit the Adventure Aquarium on March 14, 2019 in Camden, NJ.
- Approval for the NJROTC to attend an air rifle training weekend on April 5-7, 2019 at Middletown High School in Middletown, NY.
Approval of Summer Programs
The School Board approved the following summer programs:
2019 Academic Jump Start
- Academic Jump Start will be held the weeks of July 29, 2019 to August 5, 2019.
2019 Kinder Camp
- East Vincent, French Creek, North Coventry, and West Vincent will offer Kinder Camp from August 5-8, 2019.
- East Coventry will offer Kinder Camp from August 12-15, 2019.
2019 Summer Enrichment
- Summer Enrichment will be held from June 11, 2019 to August 8, 2019.
- The School Board acknowledged receipt of the Raising Highly Capable Kids Grant for North Coventry Elementary School.
School Board Agenda & Meeting Video
Next Regular Board of School Directors Meeting
Monday, March 25th, 7pm
981 Ridge Road
We will be recognizing:
- high school students who advanced to PMEA Regionals & Districts in Choir, Band, and Orchestra.
- middle school Chorus Fest students.
- middle school Inter-County Concert Band and Inter-County Jazz Band.
- high school students who received awards at the MCCC Art Show.
- high school wrestling team for winning the PAC Champions and qualifying for states.
- high school girls swimming and diving team for winning the PAC Championship.
- Facilities Department for receiving the PASBO Gold Award of Excellence in School Facilities for 2019.
- Kathy Reynolds, Technology Department, for receiving the PASBO David L. Nett Regional Chapter Leadership Award.