Male: 2.7 lbs.
Female: 2.4 lbs.
- mallards have one of the most extensive breeding ranges
- Highest mallard densities occur in the prairie pothole region
- mallard females lay an average of 9 eggs
Migrating and Wintering
- migrate along numerous corridors
- have the most extended migration period, lasts from late summer early winter
- mallards are found in various habitats
- are vagrant to Central America and the Caribbean
- most common ducks in the U.S.
- mallard populations have benefited greatly from the CRP (conservation reserve program)
- mallards, they feed on seeds, rootlets and tubers of aquatic plants off swamp and river bottoms.
What i found most interesting.....
What i found most interesting is that the mallard ducks are the most populated duck in the U.S., i find this interesting because there is so many different kinds of ducks. mallards being the most popular catches my eye. The mallards are the type of ducks that u will see mostly around here as well.