Iowa Test of Basic Skills
This year, Fulton County Schools students will take the ITBS online. In elementary, 3rd and 5th grade students are required to take this national normed reference assessment. The benefit of taking the assessment online is that schools will receive assessment results sooner in order to utilize this information to plan effectively in order to increase student achievement. More information will be sent out regarding testing schedule and dates by our assistant principal Mrs. Jordan at the beginning of October.
Georgia Milestones Assessment
This year, students in grades 3 through 8 take an end-of-grade assessment in English Language Arts and mathematics while students in grades 5 and 8 are also assessed in science and social studies. For more information regarding the Georgia Milestones please visit http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Milestones-Assessment-System.aspx.
To keep in compliance with State Law and best practices, for the 2016-2017 school year, we will require that all persons interested in volunteering in the Fulton County School District to re-register/register (even if a person has completed an application in the past) by completing the new online volunteer registration/application process. The registration process can be found on the FCS District Website under Community/Partners & Volunteers or Click Here. Applicants should be prepared to spend about 10-15 minutes for the training and application process. In accordance with State Law, all volunteers must be current with the Child Abuse Reporting Protocol Training before being allowed to volunteer in our schools. It is very important that volunteers enter their full legal name as it appears on their government issued ID (please do not use nicknames or "goes by" names on the application). All applicants must wait 24 hours after applying for application processing and approval.
Message From Our PTA President
We are very excited that we have so many eager to participate and join the PTA. This message is to update you on the status of Oakley ES PTA. We are in the process of completing our financial audit as mandated by the PTA council. This process should take a couple of weeks. Once this is completed we will be able to move forward with activities and memberships.
In the meantime we are encouraging you to volunteer time with the teachers as it is the most valuable time spent.
We will keep you posted and thank you for your patience.
Governance Council Meeting
Wednesday, Sep. 21st, 4:30pm
7220 Oakley Terrace
Union City, GA
Greetings Tiger Family,
Please join us for your September Governance Council Meeting that will be located in the Media Center.
Curriculum Night Grades 3-5
Wednesday, Sep. 21st, 6-7:30pm
7220 Oakley Terrace
Union City, GA
Office 365 Now Free for all K-12 Fulton County Students
Fulton County Schools is excited to announce the Microsoft Student Advantage program. Because of Fulton's enterprise agreement with Microsoft, all students K-12 are able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications on their home computers for FREE! This is very exciting as it will provide students with access to current digital tools to use at school and at home on any device connected to the Internet. With Office 365, learning possibilities are limitless!
• OneDrive for Business
• 1 TB of space (will no longer need to use USB drives for storage)
• Ability to share files and collaborate
• Microsoft Office desktop versions and apps (latest versions)- can install on up to 5 PCs/Macs and 5 mobile devices
• Access to Office Online (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
• Microsoft Outlook
• A student’s email address is IDfirstname.lastname@example.org (Example: email@example.com). The student ID is your Fulton number.
• Students will be able to use the email account to communicate with Fulton employees ONLY. Student to student email has been disabled.
• An official school email address will allow for better communication between students and teachers. School announcements and reminders will be able to be disseminated faster and more efficiently.
• Email messages may be reviewed by the District at any time
• School email addresses are a privilege that may be revoked.
Click Here to Learn more about the Office 365 Apps
How does my child access his/her account?
Your school will notify you once your child's account has become active. This is being done in phases across the district.
- Open a web browser. Go to http://portal.office.com
- Login using this format:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your Fulton County password