Oklahoma State University
History of Oklahoma State
- On December, 14th 1891, Oklahoma Territorial Agricultural and Mechanical school opened.
- The oldest building on campus is "Old Central." It opened on December, 15th 1894.
- The first graduating class graduated in 1896. It was a class of 6 men.
- On May, 15th 1957, the school officially changed their name to Oklahoma State University.
Financial and Test Scores
In state tuition: $8,440
Room and Board: $8,710
Fall financial help deadline: January 1st
- GPA: 3.0 AND top 33% of your class
- OR 24 YOUR ACT AND 1090 on your SAT
Major: Forensic Science Minor: Dance
Why I Want to go to OSU:
- Because my both my parents, my grandfather, and my cousin all went/ are going there.
- Since my parents both went there, I will be able to pay in state tuition, which is cheaper that most major colleges in Texas.
- It's close to home.
- It was the first college to offer PhD in unmanned air systems.
- It has the the largest comprehensive student union.
- Pistol Pete was voted the best Big12 school mascot, three times.