What is Mindset?
Mindset - The Psychology of Success
- Why brains and talent don't bring success
- How brains and talent can stand in the way of success
- Why praising brains and talent doesn't foster self-esteem and accomplishment, but jeopardizes them
- How teaching a simple idea about the brain raises grades and productivity
- How developing a growth mindset is a choice that can positively impact your personal and professional life
- How research has proven that intelligence can be developed through effort and skill building
- How having a growth mindset connects to student learning
- How to model and foster growth mindsets in ourselves and our students
- How to change our mindsets about making mistakes.
Messages about Success
In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work - brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.