Raise the Minimum Wage
A New Age A New Wage By: Caitlyn Carlile
1. An adult with a family should not be paid the same as a teenager with barely any responsibility.
2. Minimum wages should have categories( one for teenagers, adults, and elders).
3.Since more people work less than fourty hours a week on minimum wage they are making just below the poverty line, so if we increase the minimum wage we decrease poverty.
4. Legislation is being worked on to raise minimum wage to $9.80, so people working full time would earn twenty thousands something dollars. Almost enought to live on.
5. If people have more money in their wallets they might be more willing to go out and spend it, thus resulting in economic stimulus.
Increasing the Minimum Wage Pros and Cons
1. Employers woulf higher less people, because the burden of paying the employee more.
2. Results in higher unemployment rate, possibly.
3.Possible increase in poverty, if the people who want to work for $5 an hour want to get payed that much we should let them?
4. So far raising minimum wage has not lowered poverty rate.