Otsego Elementary School: What's Miss Mikesina Planning?
Red Ribbon Week: October 20-24
Monday 10-20 we will have a kick-off event in the gym! Each class will get to visit the event. Here they will be able to learn what red ribbon week is about, sign a banner, make a pledge to be drug free, and get some cool red ribbon week merchandise (free of course!).
Each day will have a theme as well:
- Monday (10-20): RED-dy, set, go! Dream, Believe, & Achieve... Be Drug Free, Wear Red
- Tuesday (10-21): Team up against drugs, Wear your favorite sports team gear
- Wednesday (10-22): Color my world drug free, Wear bright colors
- Thursday (10-23): We have the power to say no! Dress like a superhero
- Friday (10-24): Orange you glad you're drug free? Wear Otsego Orange
A flyer will also be sent home with these themes on it!
Lastly, we will also be holding a Hygiene Drive for the Otsego Food Pantry. Throughout this week we will be collecting unused hygiene items (shampoo, body soap, toothbrushes, deoderant, kleenex, fabric softener, laundry detergent, etc.) to donate to the Otsego Food Pantry for those in need.
Parent Connection: A guide to Social Emotional Learning
September Events: Recap
What's going on in the classrooms?
K: Introduction to the School Counselor
1 & 2: Introduction to the School Counselor & Listening
3: Introduction to the School Counselor & Expectations of 3rd graders
4: Introduction to the School Counselor
5: Introduction to the School Counselor