A Country in Africa
History of Country
- Burundi was founded on 1962
- On July 1 independence is declared, with Mwami Mwambutsa as head of state and Muhirwa as Prime Minister. In November a retrial of the assassins of Rwagasore is conducted and five opponents of UPRONA are found guilty of the crime.
- The national anthem of Burundi is called, "our Burundi"
- Some of the main holidays that Burundi celebrates is New Years, Christmas, and Independence Day
Living Conditions in Burundi
- living conditions vary from site to site. In its latest weekly report, the UN food agency said some sites required urgent assistance for all basic needs, while others needed only water. Plans are underway to issue identity cards to allow more freedom of movement to the regrouped population.
Geography of Country
- Relative location is in Africa
- Absolute location is 3° 22' 34" S / 29° 21' 36" E
- There are around 10,395,931 people
- It is a mountainous country
Issues Facing Teens
- right to water
- right to health
- right to education
- violence towards children
Burundi's Religion Percentage
Roman Catholic %62