Located in the South-West part of Asia
Summers = June–September, wet.
120°F and 90s.
Winters= December–March, dry.
80s and 40s.
4 inches a year, winter.
Sandstorms March and April.
- WATER influences = rain, drink, irrigation, fishing for pearls.
- Obtained its freedom.
- Thani family.
- treaty in 1916 with United Kingdom.
- Gave the British control of Qatar’s foreign policy.
- British gave protection.
- September 1, 1971.
- Today, Qatar in ruled by Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad al-Thani.
- Form of Constitutional Monarchy.
Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani
Emir from February 27th, 1972 until June 27th, 1995.
Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
Emir from 1995 until 2013.
Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
Emir right now since 2013.
Primary Industries, Natural Resources, and Economy.
Economy= fishing, pearling, mining Petroleum and Natural Gas.
money from fish and pearls >different countries.
lots of petroleum and natural gas most money from it.
steel, cement, and flour.
95% income from petroleum.
- richest city in the world.
Land and Landforms
Peninsula Saudi Arabia.
Giant sand dunes.
Persian Gulf, Red sea, Arabian sea, and Gulf of Aden.
Fishing, water distill it, and irrigation.
Tot much Natural Resources
Speak Arabic, some English.
Seeing in public, tinted windows, high walls, different lines At pools there are gender Kindergarten- college.
Different sexes eat in different rooms.
Shake hands with same sex.
- Mother= um Father=baba.
- Stew of rice, seafood, meat... machbous.