Eagan High School Newsletter
Newsletter #7 October 15, 2020
State Teachers' Conference
EHS Wildcats Athletics Update
Current MSHSL Spectator Guidelines for Athletic Events
This Fall of 2020 has most certainly looked and felt different in the sports world. We appreciate your assistance in advance in helping make these events a reality for our students.
To that end, due to several different safety precautions, Minnesota Department of Health in conjunction with the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota State High School League have established guidelines for each sport for participants as well as spectators. Guidelines will be released in the coming weeks for our Winter Sports. Here are the specifics on Football and Volleyball:
Football: All football games are limited to a max of 250 spectators. Each team is allotted 120. With the number of players on each level the available slots on the pass list are extremely limited and only available to family members of participating players. Due to current MDH and MSHSL guidelines there is no allowable congregating, specifically meaning no tailgating at any games and no group gatherings on campus. The only people allowed on campus during events (inside or outside the stadium) are people on the pass list. We appreciate in advance your assistance in following these regulations. We are working to provide a streaming option for as many contests as possible at all levels of competition.
Each booster club will be responsible for submitting their list of names in advance and no substitutions or walk-ups not on the approved pass list will be allowed entry. Several safety requirements have also been put in place.
· Masks are required to be worn by all spectators at all times
· All spectators must check-in at appropriate gate with ID. No fans allowed in earlier than 30 minutes before the game. All names must be on submitted list. No substitutions.
· No spectator access to the field area at any time
· Visiting fans will occupy the bleachers on the east side of the stadium (opposite the press box).
· Home fans will occupy the bleachers on the west side of the stadium (press box side)
· Lower level benches will also be on opposite sides of the field and fans should remain on their own side for those games as well.
· No concessions will be available, outside food/beverage allowed but no coolers
· Fans must sit a minimum of 6 feet apart from anyone not living in their household
· All players, coaches, fans must immediately exit the area at the conclusion of the contest
· No gathering or waiting in a group outside the stadium after the game. Please help with congestion by going directly to vehicles
· Players and coaches are also being asked to follow several additional safety precautions
Volleyball: Currently per MDH, MDE and MSHSL guidelines and due to the indoor nature of this activity in an educational space there may be 2 spectators per participant. This cannot be over the number the venue safety holds. The only people allowed in the gym will be the two spectators per participant and athletes, coaches, officials and "essential" workers such as table workers, site supervisor and officially approved team video and photo personnel. We are working to provide a streaming option for as many contests as possible at all levels of competition.
Huge thanks to all in advance for your cooperation, understanding and support of these policies and guidelines as we continuously work towards are goal of a safe and great experience for all of our participants.
Registration Open for all WINTER Sports on My Payments Plus
The Minnesota State High School League and District 196 have approved the start of all Winter Sport seasons at some revised dates starting as early as November 9th. Please review the calendar on the link below for your sport's specific start date. Registration for these activities can be found on the district’s new payment system, My Payments Plus. Registration is now open for WINTER sports only at this time.
Some key reminders:
#1 Copies of all physicals and all questions about physicals including expiration date should be sent to Athletic Department Assistant Emilie Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 Any questions/issues with My Payments Plus should be sent to our district support team via email at email@example.com
#3 All students must be registered in order to participate.
District 196 Families,
The District 196 MyPaymentsPlus website is now live to accept registrations and payments for school activities. MyPayments Plus replaces FeePay. The information provide includes a link to the MyPaymentsPlus website as well as the District 196 family resource hub, which includes step-by-step instructions for families to create accounts and register for activities. These links have also been posted on the district’s website and social media platforms.
Family Resources website for help with setting up the account:
Detailed technical support information is provided on the Family Resource Hub website. For technical support, families can:
1. Contact MyPaymentsPlus directly for login or payment issues via the support portal
2. Contact the student’s school with questions about activities
3. Contact the district MyPaymentsPlus support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interact Annual Coat Drive at EHS
Coat Drive! Due to the pandemic, there is an even greater need for coats this year. The EHS Interact Club is sponsoring our 9th Annual Coat Drive from October 19-23. Drop off locations will be located at both entrances to EHS. We are asking that you put your coats in a sealed plastic bag and place the bag in the drop-box. We are looking for clean, gently used coats (kids and adult sizes). Coats will be donated to a clothes closet in the community attached to a food shelf. Contact Mr. Wirsbinski for more information. There will also be a drop-box outside Mr. Wirsbinski’s classroom (Room 236).
Armful of Love
Card Drive to sponsor 360 Communities' Armful of Love Campaigns.
Bring cash or $25 gift cards for Target, Walmart, or Amazon to PAWS.
Don't forget to bring your receipts!
Eagan HS is producing a Virtual Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculation”
by Don Zoldus. Directors C J Sorenson and Rebecca Sorenson are working with an all 9th grade cast to create this production. Together with Tech Director John Ratzlaff they will offer two dates for free streaming of the show. Unfortunately, we cannot have live audiences during this time. Any performances in the Arts will be filmed and produced as video streams.
We are very pleased that we can design and offer a theatre production! Please use the link on this poster to watch the show on October 22 or 23, 2020.
Eagan HS and Dakota Hills Middle School Updated Safety Message – October 2020
Parents, staff and student drivers can help improve traffic safety at Dakota Hills Middle School and Eagan High School.
District 196, Dakota County and the Eagan Police worked together to establish a reduced speed zone along Diffley Road during school times in a continued effort to keep our school community and motorists safe.
· The speed limit is 30 mph within the school area on student school days from 7–9:30 a.m. and 1:20–4 p.m. Flashing speed limit signs remind drivers of the reduced speed limit during these times.
· Pedestrians and bicyclists should cross Diffley Road on the west side of Braddock Trail. Crossing guards are present here and at the South Parking/Drop off driveway entrance during the middle school and high school arrival and dismissal times.
· Eagan Police are actively enforcing the school speed zone.
You can help improve safety along Diffley Road and in the area around our schools:
· Slow down. If the lights are flashing, the speed limit is 30 mph whether or not you see children in the area.
· Don’t use your cellphone while driving- avoid distractions while driving.
· Walkers and bikers should use the designated school route plan and cross Diffley and Braddock using the crosswalks.
This is not just a problem of drivers from elsewhere ignoring the speed limit. Drivers who have been stopped by police for speeding on Diffley Road since the start of school have included students, parents, nearby residents and other drivers.
Thank you for driving safely! We all want to protect the safety of our community.
Please do your part to help keep everyone safe.
Free and Reduced Breakfasts and Lunches!
Your child may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals
District 196 provides healthy meals each day for all students. And your family may qualify for free or reduced-priced school meals. If you participated in this program last school year and wish to participate again this year, you must submit a new application each year.
Federal funds and school-related fees are determined with this information. The failure to complete the application could result in the loss of millions of dollars to our school system, which would negatively affect teaching and learning in a significant way.
All students in our district are currently eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch through the extension of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s free meals program, however this funding is not guaranteed long-term. It is important families who qualify for free or reduced-price meals still apply this year.
To apply, click here, or visit https://paypams.com/Applynowisd196 or call 651-683-6958 if you need assistance filling out the application.