Mental Health Resource Guide
Ava R-I School District
Ava R-I Schools doesn't recommend one service provider over another. These service providers are those currently known to provide mental health services in our area. Please research and select one that best fits you and your family.
Quality Counseling Service, LLC, Judy King, LPC (417) 543-5737 (find on Facebook)
Judy Shields, LPC (417) 543-3446
Stan Barnes, LPC (417) 234-5523
Kerri Tillman, PLPC (417) 316-0863
Connie Grand, LPC (417) 543-3568
Les Top, LPC (417) 349-2111 Mountain Grove
Tetrick Counseling & Associates, LLC, Patrick Tetrick, LPLC, CRAADC, NCC (417) 324-2935 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agape Counseling, Kari Hansen, LPC (417) 924-2326 Mansfield (find on Facebook)
Compass Counseling Services (417) 597-4572 Lebanon & Springfield
Area Behavioral Healthcare, Psychologists, & Psychological Assessments
- Greater Ozarks Rural Psychologists, LLC - (417) 924-8188 Mansfield
- Dr. Samantha Dugan, PSY.D - (417) 414-4419 (Sees patients at Mansfield Community Center)
- Rural Mental Health Services - (417) 753-7347 Rogersville, MO (formerly in Mansfield)
- CC Counseling Services - (417) 725-8810 Nixa
- Ozarks Medical Center (OMC) - Behavioral Healthcare (417) 926-6563 Mtn. Grove
Hospitals & Residential Treatment
- Cox North Hospital - Springfield (417) 269-3000
- Lakeland Behavioral Health System - Springfield (877) 783-3693
- Burrell Behavioral Health - Springfield (417) 761-5000
- Heartland Behavioral Health Services - Nevada, MO (800) 654-9605
- Royal Oaks Hospital - Windsor, MO (800) 456-2634
- NAVIG8 - Clinton/Columbia/Rolla (drug/alcohol treatment ages 12-17) (888) 403-7047
- Calo (specializing in attachment) - Lake Ozark, MO (877) 879-2256
- Treatment Centers for Eating Disorders in Adolescence - MO locations
Local Emergency Contacts & Resources
- Ava Ambulance 683-5555
- Ava Police Department 683-2931
- Ava Fire Department 683-4321
- Douglas County Sheriff 683-1020
- Options Pregnancy Center 683-2315 Local non-profit pregnancy care center
- Douglas County Health Department 683-4174
- Heart of the Hills Food Harvest 683-6400
- Missouri Department of Social Services/Family Support 683-4817
- Ozark Action, Inc. 683-5018
Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline 1-800-392-3738
Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222
Deafline Missouri 1-800-380-DEAF(3323) A crisis hotline for Deaf and Hard of hearing individuals.
Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline 1-800-356-5395 (Regional hotline staffed by mental health professionals who can respond to your crisis 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. May be able to give additional resources within our region that help provide ongoing care following a crisis.)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) TTY: 1-800-799-4889 (Hearing Impaired) The national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386 The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.
Kids Under Twenty One: KUTO 1-888-644-5886 Peer helpline where teens help teens help themselves and encourage positive skills to manage stress and work through feelings.
Trans Lifeline (877) 565-8860 Trans Lifeline is a volunteer organization dedicated to the well-being of transgender people.
Youth America Hotline 1-877-YOUTHLINE(968-8454) National peer to peer hotline linking callers to local community based peer counseling hotlines.
Texting & Online Support
Crisis Text Line Text "HELLO" to 741-741 Provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text.
IMAlive IMAlive is a virtual crisis center with a live online network that uses instant messaging to respond to people in crisis.
Lifeline Crisis Chat A program of National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. A national chat network that can provide online emotional support, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services.
Trevor Chat Online instant messaging with a Trevor Chat counselor.
Trevor Text Text "Trevor" to 1-202-304-1200