Mable Woolsey Weekly Update
Week Of September 4, 2023
Principal: Mrs. Jodi Keever
Mission and Vision
Mable Woolsey Vision Statement: We will build a nurturing community of life long learners while fostering opportunities for social, emotional, and academic growth to ensure that we help create productive members of society.
Mable Woolsey Mission Statement: We will provide a safe and stimulating environment. We will nurture a rigorous and adaptive learning community. We will support a child's natural desire to learn. We will inspire students to discover their fullest potential.
A Note From the Principal
We had a wonderful full week of school! I am so proud of everyone's hard work this week. Students are being safe, respectful, and responsible, and they are mastering routines.
Our benchmark testing is complete, and our first building Data Day to review all of this data is September 7th. We will look at what each student needs on this day, and we will plan for WIN groups.
WIN stands for What I Need, and this is a scheduled 30 minute block each day for each grade level. Students will work on improving in areas of need and accelerating in areas as well. This includes reading, math, and writing. We also look at social emotional needs to make sure that students are getting support as needed.
After our WIN groups are scheduled, teachers will reach out to communicate as needed about what support each student is receiving.
Picture Day is Tuesday September 26th
Mini-Blitz Envelopes went home Friday September 1st
Positive Office Referrals
Mable Woolsey Way Tickets
Early Literacy Comprehension
1. Stay in your seat at all times.
2. Sit in your seat-no standing or leaning over the seats.
3. No fighting, tripping, or pushing others.
4. No eating.
5. No yelling or bad language.
6. No damaging bus or other's property.
7. No disrespectful behavior.
Violating these bus rules will result in written warnings and possible bus suspension. We need all students to do their best so that everyone can remain safe on the bus.
If you need to set up bus transportation please call the bus garage at 309-289-4012. Chuck Hillery is our head of transportation.
Morning Drop Off
On the first day of school, parents can drop their students off, but not walk students to their classrooms. We will have all of our staff members available to help your child get to the right place!
Rules for drop off:
1. If you would like to walk your child up to the door please park on the street that is not in front of the circle drive, the street on the side of the circle drive, or the parking lot and walk your child to the door.
2. If you are dropping your child off, please pull into the circle drive. Staff members will open the door of your car and let your child out. Please remain in your car so that we can make this a quick drop off! When adults get out in the circle drive it backs up traffic.
3. Once your child has safely left the car you can pull through the circle drive.
4. Staff members are opening doors at drop off as fast as they can to get your child out safely. Please make sure your child is ready to go when a staff member gets to your vehicle. We appreciate your patience.
Pre-K pick up and drop off:
1. If you are dropping your child off at 12:15 pm or picking them up from pre-k at 1030 am, please do not pull in the circle drive. You can park on the street to wait for your child or in the parking lot and walk up. If you are dropping your pre-k student off at 7:45 am please follow the rules above. Pre-K students start their day in the morning at. 8:00 am.
Once students enter the building they go to the cafeteria to eat breakfast or they go to the gym.
K-4 students walk down to their classrooms at 8:05 am. Students are considered tardy after 8:15 am.
Rules for Pick Up:
1. Please do not pull in the circle drive or block the circle drive.
2. Please do not double park. It is dangerous for students and vehicles.
3. Please be aware of students walking and riding bikes.
4. Students riding bikes must stay on the sidewalks when available.
Art Supply Wish List
Knoxville CUSD 202 Illinois App
Blessings in a Backpack
We still are raising money so that we can continue the program for many years to come!
If you would still like to donate money check out the link below! After clicking the link make sure to enter our school name, Mable Woolsey Elementary, and the money will go to our school.
Here is the address to mail donations to-
Please make out all checks to “Blessings in a Backpack” and send to the following address:
Blessings in a Backpack Lockbox
P.O. Box 950291
Louisville, KY 40295
*If you’d like to designate your support to help feed children at a current program site, please include the program’s name on the check’s memo line.
The Box Tops app makes it easy to earn cash for Mable Woolsey! Just click the button above to download the app and scan your receipts when you shop.