A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Walk & Roll to School Day Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 3rd!
Coffee with the Principal
Thursday, Oct. 4th, 8:15-9:15am
Grant School Library
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Shamrock Jog-a-thon Fast Approaching 10/12
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/grantelementary
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students
- When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. Then, you can track your pledge progress.
Get your socks here...and your ice cream too! Order by 10/5
Grant's Got Talent! Auditions 10/5 After school, Show 10/26
Rules: Act Length is 3 minutes or less. You can be in one solo and one group act.
Your music must be submitted and approved.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Upcoming Author Visit on October 17th
We are so excited to welcome author, Jon Agee to Grant on October 17th. His book, The Wall in the Middle of the Book tells the story of a hero–a young knight–who is sure that the wall protects his side of the book from the dangers of the other side–like an angry tiger and giant rhino, and worst of all, an ogre who would gobble him up in a second! But our knight doesn’t seem to notice the crocodile and growing sea of water that are emerging on his side. When he’s almost over his head and calling for help, who will come to his rescue? An individual who isn’t as dangerous as the knight thought–from a side of the book that might just have some positive things to offer after all!
November 2 through 4- Shop and Donate with Copperfield's bookstore. Mention Grant at the checkout register and they will donate 20% of all your purchases back to our school.
Grant Shamrock Yearbook! Purchase Before 9/30/18 to Get 15% Off
Those custom pages were so cute last year, we're doing it again! Order now and get 2 custom pages, plus the ability to add in photos throughout the year when you take them.
- Go to www.TreeRing.com/validate 2
- Enter Grant's passcode:1015022997383930
- Regular Price: $22.75
Back Gate At School
Grant Halloween Parade, Wednesday, 10/31
Safety Committee Meeting 10/25 At 6:30 pm
90's Party Wrap Up and a Look Forward To The Next Event, 12/1
Here are some photos from the event...
Important Upcoming Dates
October 3 Walk to School Day
October 5 Talent Show Tryouts
October 12 Talent Show Practice #1
October 12 Jog-a-Thon
October 15 No School - Teacher In-Service Day
October 19 Talent Show Practice #2
October 26 Talent Show
October 26 Jog-A-Thon Monies Due
October 31 Grant Halloween Parade (10:40 am)
Thank You's from the PTA:
- Thank you to Michelle Page for chairing the 90s Party. Well done! Thank you to co-hosts and helpers, Lisa Johnson, Cassie Propst, Renee McArdle, Hayley Boles and Chantel Smith. What a great time!