February 26, 2021
Procedure Updates for All Student's Return~
- Start to the School Day~ For safety/health reasons, we will continue to ask that our students arrive to school as close to 8:30am as possible. We ask that students move to the back of the building and wait in their class line for their teacher. We will have two lines for each class, socially distanced from each other and students are required to wear their masks. It is so helpful for our students to be in line by 8:40 so that they start their day on time and with their teacher! Thank you for making sure your child is at school on time each morning.
- Our goal is to create an optimal learning environment for your child. In doing so, it may not be ideal to keep all students 6 feet apart in some classrooms. Therefore, students may be placed in a small group/pod. These groups would be 6 feet from other groups/students in the classroom. By doing so, we are minimizing the amount of students at risk of exposure if someone tests positive for Covid in a classroom. We would only need to quarantine those students in the group/pod, NOT the whole class. If you have questions regarding these groups/pods and what this might look like for your child, please contact their classroom teacher.
- Lunch ~ With the return of all students, we will be utilizing our cafeteria and our gym space for seating. Students will continue to sit six feet apart, facing one direction whether they are in the cafeteria or the gym. Doors will remain open to provide increased ventilation in both rooms. (I have been talking with your students about what this will look like so that they are better prepared for March 9th). When the weather improves and the grass is no longer wet, we will transition to eating outside, maintaining our social distance protocols.
- Face coverings that completely cover the person's nose and mouth will continue to be required for all students, staff, and visitors while inside all District schools/facilities, including school buses. Face masks are preferred to a face shield.
- Visitors and Volunteers to the building will continue to be limited. Please call ahead to let us know if you need to have your student released during the school day
- After School Pick Up~ All students will be escorted out by their teacher at dismissal time and must remain with the teacher in a socially distanced manner. Parents will not be allowed to have their child cross the parking lot and meet them at their cars. You will need to use our drop off lane as students will be waiting on the sidewalk.
We are asking for you patience as the lines for pick up are quite long (even with only half the student body in attendance) and we imagine they will be much longer once all students return. Please do not expect a quick pick up after school but know that we are doing the very best we can to get our student's to their parents, move our line and keep the children safe.
Thank you for your support as we work through this transition. We are beyond excited to see all of our students in the building and are working hard to prepare for their return!
Mark Your Calendars~
Read Across America Week~ March 1-5
March 5~ Last Day to order Yearbooks
March 8 (Monday) - Kindergarten Registration, 3:00-6:00 by appointment only
(Online Enrollment for new students to the BSD is now available)
March 9 - All students return to school!
March 22-26 - Spring Break, No School
Read Across America Next Week!
- Monday, March 1st - All students read for 15-30 minutes as part of the school day (Kim tracks minutes across America.
- Tuesday, March 2nd - Favorite Book Character~ Students dress up like their favorite book character.
- Wednesday, March 3rd- Favorite Book Character~ Students dress up like their favorite book character.
- Thursday, March 4th - Reading Adds Color to Our Lives~ Students wear their favorite colors
- Friday, March 5th - Reading Adds Color to Our Lives~ Students wear their favorite colors
Last Day to Order a Yearbook is March 5th!
Enter school ID# 96182 and click Let's Go
From the Libary~
Thanks to all students and families for your wonderful flexibility this year with all of our library changes. Your willingness to adapt has made it possible to keep circulating our wonderful library books throughout this school year!
As we move forward with our 5 days a week, in-person schooling, we will return to one week due dates for library books with students returning books on their library day and bringing the books to school to renew. Students can continue to place holds. Placing the hold one day prior to your child's library day would make it easiest for Mrs. Moore to fill the hold and have the book ready at library time. We will continue to quarantine our books after they are returned, so prompt returns are especially appreciated.
We are excited to bring students into the library space for library time. Because our first library time will be spent learning procedures for this space and getting acquainted with where different types of books are located, your child may not end up checking anything out that first time in the library (but can certainly place a hold to have ready the following week).