What's Buzzin' at Bryant
Week of December 12, 2022
A Message from Mrs. Johnson
Hello Bryant families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend.
As you may have already heard, this year, Bryant will be resuming its tradition of having a schoolwide movie day the Friday before leaving for Christmas break. 2022 will mark 28 years of this wonderful experience for our students. For the past two years the event was paused due to COVID restrictions. Thank you so much to our community partners at Harkins Theaters, NBCUniversal, First Students, and the RUSD Business department for helping to make this happen for our students. We will be seeing a special viewing of NBCUniversal's 2018 animated version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". As we prepare, here are a few important things for parents to know:
1. Field trip permission slips went home last week. They are due no later than 12/14. Students will not be able to attend without a signed permission slip.
2. A teacher will be on site to service any students who do not have a signed permission slip or arrive to school after the buses have departed.
3. Parent chaperones are not needed for this trip.
4. Buses will depart promptly at 8:30 am. Any student who arrives to school after buses have departed will not be able to attend.
5. Parents cannot drop their child(ren) at the movie theater or pick them up early from the movie theater. If your child has appointments or must leave school before we are scheduled to return, it may be best that they not attend to ensure they are available for the appointment. If you are able to reschedule any appointments so your child can go with us that would be AWESOME!
6. We are scheduled to return at approximately 12:30 pm. At that time, all students will have lunch then resume their school day in class with their teacher. Students will receive a "snack pack" at the theater.
7. The cost of the trip is paid in full. There is no need for the students to bring any money.
On Friday the 16th only, their will be no parking or student drop off in the front of the school. We will have that area blocked off for buses. If you have questions that have not been addressed, please feel free to contact the main office.
As always, Bee Fantastic, Bee Great, Bee the Difference! Have a great week!
Congrats to our HEARTS Students of the Month!
Order your yearbook and pay online!
Congratulations to all of the students who have been recognized as Students of the Month!
2023-2024 Open Enrollment transfer window is OPEN!
Open enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year began on November 1 and runs through January 6, 2023. If you are interested in an Intra-District transfer (schools within RUSD boundaries) or an Inter-District transfer (to another school district), the window is open. At Bryant, we process our own transfers. Transfer applications will not be accepted at the Centralized Registration Center. Updated applications can be found on our school webpage.
Care Solace is available 24-7 to students and their families to help with mental health and addiction resources. Click here to get support.
RUSD remains committed to keeping our schools safe through our WeTip anonymous form and hotline (844) 951-2990. WeTip allows our RUSD community to easily and confidentially report threats and other concerns that affect our well-being and security.
RUSD Parent and Family Engagement
Connect with the Family Resource Center (FRC). The FRC offers a variety of workshops as well as serves as a hub for families to access information about resources withing the community. You can make an appointment by calling by (951) 328-4003 for an appointment. FRC Fall 2022
Family Wellness Workshop:
Special Education Community Advisory Committee
The next meeting of the Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC) will be held on Thursday, January 19, 2023. The topic will be Financial Awareness for Families of Students with Exceptional Needs. The workshop will include a parent forum and roundtable discussion. The meeting is offered in a hybrid format. In Person: Poly High School Room 101. Virtual: bit.ly/rusdcacmeets. Childcare will be provided for in-person participants and Spanish interpretation is available. English and Spanish Flyer
Targeted Supports & Community Engagement
We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Calling all school sites, ASBs, and Parent Organizations: The Riverside African American Historical Society, Inc. (RAAHS) is challenging all of you to participate in the 28th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Walk-A-Thon on Monday, January 16, 2023, starting at 10 am. Start assembling your teams now as there are updated RUSD pricing (No longer $35/person but $15/person for groups of up to 50 participants, and groups of more than 50 will be $10/person)! Click HERE for more information or email Rochelle Kanatzar.
RUSD Family Update webpage
Take some time to periodically view the RUSD family update webpage. There you will find all important District updates and information for RUSD families.
Monday, Dec. 19th, 12am to Sunday, Jan. 1st 2023 at 12am
4324 3rd Street
Bryant School of Arts and Innovation
Natanya Johnson, Principal
School Office Hours - 8:00 am - 3:30 pm