5 Ways to Manage Students w/o SHHH!
#Five4Eds Ways to Manage w/o Saying SHHH!
- Create and implement non-verbal cues to address individual or group refocusing.
- Find and praise students by name that are doing the right thing.
- Use your proximity to the non-compliant student or group.
- Speak to your class in a very soft voice.
- Use the traditional bell, lights or clapping.
- Just stop saying SHHH!
Extend your thinking with these Resources
What is #Five4eds ?
#five4eds has a simple vision of sharing the five best ways to address/support any issue in education. Connected Educators can agree/disagree or share their own ideas about how or why to solve an issue or problem. Additionally, we put you in touch with resources to further understand a given topics.