The Sons Of Liberty
by Jaedyn Moody
how the Sons Of Liberty helped led to the American revolution.
The 13 colonies Boston, Massachusetts
People involved in the Sons Of Liberty
- Samual Adams (the main dude)
- Paul Revere
- John Hancock
- Patrick Henry
- Joseph Warren
Why the Sons Of Liberty were made
- The Stamp act, a British tax that taxed newspaper , and all types of legal documents
- The Tea act, which taxed tea and led to the Boston Tea Party
- King George 3 was putting all these acts/laws on the colonist when he didn't even live in the 13 colonies
Purpose of The Sons Of Liberty
- The purpose of the sons of liberty was to perserve/protect the colonists rights and fight taxation by the British Parliment
- The sons of liberty were created because these shopkeepers were unhappy about all theacts/laws so they were gonna put an end to all the acts/laws
Description of what happened because of the tea act
Boston Tea Party- the sons of liberty dressed like indians and raided the 3 ships that were shipping tea. they then threw 342 boxes of tea off the ship into the ocean.
interesting facts/ what they accomplished
- they helped repeal most of the tea act
- they used to be called "loyal nine"
- the tea they threw over board weighed 92,000 lbs
- cost or the tea $9,659 cost in todays time $1,700,000
The Sons Of Liberty were a group of shopkeepers who wanted their own rights . They they were brave people who helped fight against the British paraliment which soon led to the American Revolution .