Tumbleweed Times Week 25
News from Ranch 25 - March 11, 2016
First Grade Happenings
This week in math we focused on ordering numbers from least to greatest and greatest to least. We also learned how to compare numbers by using the words is greater than, is less than, or is equal to, by using the symbols <, >, and =. You can read more about this weeks's lessons by going to the following webpage: Math News: Grade 1, Module 4, Topic B.
Legoland Field Trip
- We will be leaving at 8:45, and we need the first 15 minutes of school to get ready. Please be on time.
- Pack your child's entire lunch in disposable containers (brown bag, ziplock bags, plastic water bottles, etc.) The adults cannot be responsible for managing lunch boxes or reusable water bottles, and the children need to have their hands free to enjoy the activities of the park.
- Pack a small snack in baggie, separate from the lunch.
- Wear your "Baldwin's Bucking Broncos" t-shirt.
- Put on sunscreen in the morning before coming to school.
- Make sure all hats and jackets have your child's name inside them. Your child will be responsible for keeping track of these items.
- Children will not be able to shop or purchase food from the park. Please do not send any money with your child that day.
- We will be return to school between 2:00-2:30.
We have already discussed appropriate field trip behavior in class. All school rules still apply. While this field trip will be a fun excursion, it is still an education experience.
Next Week's Curriculum Focus
5.1 Reading Theme: In the Sky
Essential Question: What events in the story happened because of something the characters did? (This is a good question to ask when reading at home.)
Comprehension Skill: Cause and Effect
High Frequency Words: another, poor, climbed, poor, through
Phonemic Awareness: r controlled vowels spelled er, ir, ur
Vocabulary Words: discover, dusk, mysterious, pale, scatter, leaped, lucky
Spelling Words and Dictation Sentences:
another, poor, climbed, poor, through, her, fern, germ, bird, dirt, fur, burn
The girl got hurt when she fell.
She got dirt on her red shirt.
Writing Genre: Opinion
Math: Place Value, Comparison, Addition and Subtraction to 40
Social Studies: We Love Our Country
Science: Sound, Light, and Communication
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (Minimum Days/Noon Dismissal) - March 7-11
- Daylight Savings Time Begins - March 13
- Legoland Field Trip - Wednesday, March 16
- Pajama Day - Friday, March 18
- Bids for Kids (Foundation Fundraiser) - Saturday, March 19
- Spring Break - April 4-8