Dana Elementary School
Getting the School Involved With Your Proposal
Meow, Listen Up!
Dana's Mission to be knowledgeable and productive leaders who have a positive impact on our school and society.
"The culture of an enterprise plays the dominant role in exemplarily performance." -Terrrence Deal Shaping School Culture: The Heart of Leadership
- School song- Agents of Change
- School Cheer
- Academic vocabulary integrated into morning announcements
- "The One and Only Ivan" school wide book club
- Wildcat Wednesday / Professional Thursday
- Leader in Me School
- 4 C's: Communicate, Collaborate, Create and Curriculum
- 21st Century
- Engineering and STEM
- Project Based Learning
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
- 2011: National Title 1 School of Distinction Award
- 2011: Principal of the Year- Henderson County
- 2012: Intel School of Distinction Finalist Award in Mathematics
- 2013: National School Change Award
- 2013: Ronald McDonald Grant
- 2013: Named 21st Century Learning National Exemplar School
- 2013: Crayola Grant Award
Dana Elementary School: A P21 21st Century Learning Exemplar
Hard Work Pays Off!
Yes, grants are written... together.... for a specific purpose.
In addition, grant money is also received as a result of student achievement.
How is Dana's grant money spent?
Grant money is spent on materials that reinforce our school's initiatives.
- professional development for teachers
- technology in the classrooms
- professional resources
- tutors and personnel
Digital Learning Day Contest Submission
All Dana students.
"Everything we do, we do for the betterment of all students."
Tonight's Take Away
- Consider your school's purpose.
- Does it align with your school's initiatives?
- You don't just buy "technology"
Leadership Day Feed: #DanaLeads14