Week at a Glance
September 28-October 2
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration
- 9:00 a.m.--admin. meeting @ ENCO
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--volleyball practice
- 3:00 p.m.--Karen & Bonita meet
- 7:30 a.m.--certified staff meeting--technology
- noon--case conference--Deb, Chelsie, Katy, Erin M., & Karen
- 1:15 p.m.--meeting--Karen
- 2:00 p.m.--parent volunteer training--Karen
- 2:40 p.m.--volleyball practice
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI meeting--gr. 1
- 3:00 p.m.--soccer practice
- 5:00 p.m.--Light the Night registration--Karen
- 7:00 p.m.--Light the Night walk begins--See Beth M. if you wish to walk in the event or donate.
- K/1@ Huntington University--Karen & Beth S. attend
- 5th grade goes to Camp Potowotami
- Alternate lunch schedule--See below.
- 2:40 p.m.--volleyball practice
- 3:30 p.m.--case conference--Beth, Chelsie, Erin M. & Karen
- 6:00 p.m.--PAC meeting
- Fundraiser orders and money due
- 7:15 a.m.--baby & wedding shower in MP room
- 8:30 a.m.--Student of the Week nominations due--Focus on Responsibility
- 8:30 a.m.--Weekly Notes due from gr. 6
- 12:30 p.m.--case conference--Jackie & Karen
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Karen & Josh
- 5:30 p.m.--Archery Club callout/organizational meeting for gr. 4-6
- Casey's last day at Wayne Center
- 8:00 a.m.--PD session begins at Cole Auditorium--certified staff
- STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Some great ideas were generated in our staff meeting of ways to reinforce ROAR with our students! One great idea was to focus Student of the Week nominations on ROAR and rotate the focus each week. To begin, let's focus this week's nominations on Responsibility.
- REQUIRED TRAININGS: Just a reminder that all staff members need to complete online trainings by October 12. The website is: gnctraining.com and the password is enoble. If you are unable to log in, please let me know.
- PAC: Since the regular monthly PAC meeting falls during Fall Break, the meeting was moved to this Wednesday. PAC is sponsoring the pumpkin decorating contest again this year, and I believe they are going to be sending out information this week. The contest will run just like last year--students can either decorate a real pumpkin or a paper one. Mayor Handshoe will be the guest judge again this year.
- WEDNESDAY'S LUNCH: Since we will have three grades out on Wednesday for field trips, I have created an alternate lunch schedule for the actual lunch times and who is supervising each grade. Thanks for being flexible! I know our cafeteria staff appreciates it!
- WEDNESDAY'S SPECIALS: All specials can be held at the regular time on Wednesday except for third grade. On Wednesday, Endres' class should go to art at 9:30 a.m. and Abbee's class should go to PE at 9:00 a.m. The change is needed due to lunches being moved up on Wednesday.
- NEW STAFF: Yes! Finally! After much delay, our reading intervention assistant will be starting this Wednesday. Cathy Thomas will be working with students during Success Time as well as intervention time. Also new to our staff is Hazel Tracy. Hazel will be replacing Casey as our new nurse. We wish the best of luck to Casey in her new position at Lutheran Hospital. We will miss you!
As you recall, Tier 1 is the foundational level of the pyramid. Tier 1 interventions are used with all students, and when used consistently, should work for at least 80-90% of the students. One thing we do need to keep in mind; however, is that we do need to revisit and reteach our expectations to students. With Fall Break starting in just a few days, be thinking about how you can reteach/revisit procedures when school resumes. Taking time to revisit our expectations will have a positive effect on the behavior of our students whether it be in the classroom, on the playground, in the cafeteria, or anywhere else in the building. It's OK to back up and reteach! Practice makes permanent. :-)