By Sean Cullen
Parts of garlic plant
Common Culinary Uses
Garlic Bread Recipie
Garlic Bread Recipe
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 13 minutes
- 1 16-ounce loaf of Italian bread or French bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
During the reign of Tutankhamun, you could buy a healthy slave for 15lb of garlic.
Garlic attracts leeches. They take 14.9 seconds to attach to a hand covered with garlic but 44.9 seconds to suck blood from a clean one.
The city of Chicago is named after garlic. 'Chicagaoua' was the Indian word for wild garlic.
It keeps vampires away.