January 6, 2016
It's great to see Jackson students back at school, rested and ready to learn! We hope everyone had a wonderful winter break.
There were several learning opportunities over the break with Jackson's Winter Reading Challenge and Science and Engineering Fair projects for 4th and 5th graders. Science and Engineering Fair projects as well as completed forms for the Winter Reading Challenge are due this Friday, January 8. Science and Engineering Fair judging will take place on Wednesday, January 13.
NEWS FROM JACKSON PTA
This year the Jackson PTA will also send a monthly eNewsletter with additional information. To receive the eNewsletter, simply login to the site and accept the terms & conditions for electronic communications.
Author Steve Swinburne Visits Jackson
The PTA, in collaboration with the Jackson Library, is happy to welcome author Steve Swinburne on January 27th!
Steve loves to travel and observe nature and wildlife. He has traveled the world and loves to share! A safari in Africa, hiking in Scotland, monitoring sea turtles on a Georgia island, a winter trek through Yellowstone have all led to just a few of his book projects. Students will have an opportunity to pre-purchase one of Mr. Swinburne’s books and obtain an autograph! Be on the lookout for the order form coming home this week!
Check out more on Steve at his website:
We look forward to welcoming him here at Jackson!
Friday, January 8 -
- Science and Engineering Fair projects due
- Winter Reading Challenge forms due
January 11-15, College and Career Week at Jackson.
Tuesday, January 12
- Jackson Spelling Bee
- Sixth Grade Parent Orientation Night, 6:30 p.m. in the Frankford Middle School Cafeteria - Learn about 6th grade at Frankford Middle School. Come meet our music staff, 6th grade teachers, counselor and administrators. Learn more about Frankford at: http://k12.pisd.edu/frankford-middle-school
Wednesday, January 13 - Jackson Science and Engineering Fair
Monday, January 18 - MLK Birthday Observance (Student/Teacher Holiday)
Wednesday, January 27
- Author visit, Steve Swinburne (see information above for more details)
- A parent education class titled, "What Are Our Children Doing In The Digital Age?" is being offered on Wednesday, January 27, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the Jackson Library. Please join other interested parents to discuss ways for us to keep our kids safe in technology. Refreshments and childcare provided. Click on the flyer link for more information. Parent Workshop Flyer - English and Spanish
Overdue Library Books Automated Phone Message
The Jackson Library is now using the School Messenger system to call parents regarding overdue library items or fines. Students who have overdues are contacted as well as students who owe money to the library. The system will be making phone calls once a month on Mondays, and Jackson's librarian, Monika Walker, will receive a report of who was called. If you have any questions, please give Mrs. Walker at call at 469-752-2127 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.