Mountain View Weekly Update
Announcements & Updates
- Attention 5th, 6th, and 7th grade parents: If you are unable to view your child's report card on April 19, it is because he/she did not complete the 19-20 Related Arts course request process via the Parent Portal. Please contact Mrs. Toth via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your child.
- Per Board of Education policy 6145, students must maintain passing grades (minimum 63%) in all classes to participate in Interscholastic Sports. Grades will be checked on April 26, the midpoint of the spring season, and those students who do not meet the criteria will be ineligible to participate in athletics until their academic performance improves.
- The New Jersey Department of Education encourages school districts to participate in "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day" activities by giving children credit for school attendance even though they are “working” alongside their parents on this special day.
In order for our district to maintain accurate attendance records and account for all students, we are asking for your cooperation. If your son/daughter is participating in "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day" on Thursday, April 25, 2019, please click here. Your child will not be marked absent if we are properly informed of their participation in this program.
- 8th grade parents: A reminder that all 8th graders will receive a Yearbook. There is no need to place an order for your child.
- New items needed! Please consider donating the following items to The Valerie Fund’s Camp Happy Times: twin sheets, standard pillowcases, socks of any size, and bath or collects the most items will earn a special party treat at their end-of-year party.
- AFTERNOON SESSION ADDED: Classroom, Docs, Slides... oh my! Would you like to learn more about G Suite, including how it is implemented in the classroom and can make for more efficient communication in your daily life? If so, join Mrs. Falcone and Mrs. Toth on April 24 from 1:30 - 3:00 for an interactive and informative Google bootcamp. To RSVP, click here. Note that space is limited to the first 18 participants.
Mountain View places 2nd in Trex Plastic Film Recycling Challenge
Thanks to the efforts of the HSA Green Initiative and the Student Council, along with the participation of the entire Mendham Borough community, Mountain View placed second out of 700 schools nationwide in the Trex Plastic Film Recycling Challenge. Mountain View recycled 1,706 pounds of plastic film and will receive a Trex bench.
Mark your calendars
- 4/23: 7:40 a.m. Senior Band rehearsal
- 4/24: 7:40 a.m. Junior Band rehearsal
- 4/25: 7:40 a.m. Senior Band rehearsal
- 4/26: Advisory