TVUSD Staff Update
Monday, March 8, 2021
TVUSD Staff Vaccine Clinic and COVID-19 Safety Plan Approval
We are thrilled to announce that we have successfully scheduled a COVID-19 vaccine clinic for all TVUSD staff who are interested in receiving the vaccine. The details for the first dose clinic scheduled at TVHS this Thursday, March 11, and the appointment link are listed in the next section.
We are also excited to share that our required COVID-19 Safety Plan has been approved by the Riverside County Department of Public Health and the California Department of Public Health. The required plan is available on our website HERE.
This means we are on track to transition to our elementary cohort schedule on March 15, one week from today. We cannot wait to see our PreK-5 grade students and staff in-person on Tuesday, March 16. The learning schedules for PreK-12 grades are located on our website HERE.
We continue to see case rates improving in Riverside County, which means we believe we will also meet our goal of transitioning students in grades 6-12 to the on-campus cohort schedule beginning Monday, April 5, 2021. We look forward to welcoming our middle and high school students and staff Tuesday, April 6. We will continue to keep you updated regarding the current case rates. Last Tuesday, our County's adjusted case rate was 11.3 per 100,000. As you know, we need to reach 7 per 100,000 to transition our 6-12 grade students to on-campus learning.
I had the pleasure of visiting several classrooms last week and continue to be in awe of your creativity, dedication, and efforts to engage students in this setting! Please continue to "work your magic" with our students as we begin these transitions. It's been a long year for us all but one I know has taught us all a great deal.
At the end of this week, I will be sharing a video message for staff with our goals and thoughts about the upcoming transition. While many people have dedicated countless hours to prepare for these moments, we know there will still be unforeseen obstacles. Thank you in advance for your continued patience as we navigate the new challenges.
See you soon!
Jodi McClay, Ed.D.
TVUSD Employee Vaccine Clinic- THURSDAY, MARCH 11 AT TVHS -PRE-SIGN-UP IS REQUIRED
We have secured a vaccination clinic for TVUSD employees on Thursday, March 11th from 9 am-5 pm. The clinic will be held in the main gym at Temecula Valley High School.
- We will know later today if the vaccine administered will be Pfizer or Moderna.
- There are 2,000 vaccine appointments available.
- This is for employees only.
- At this time, this is a first-dose clinic only. If this changes and Albertsons is able to do second dose appointments, we will let employees know.
- After you receive your vaccination on Thursday, you will be able to set up your second vaccination appointment through Albertsons through either text or email. Depending on how many people sign up for Thursday's clinic, Albertsons will set up another one-day clinic at one of our sites.
- You will need to utilize your contractual leave time for Thursday's vaccination clinic and submit your absence through Frontline/AESOP. Having the clinic locally will hopefully minimize the amount of personal time you will need to take off.
If you are unable to attend the clinic this day and/or time, we will provide more information later this week regarding how you can set up an appointment through a local Albertsons pharmacy. Their pharmacies are open until 8 pm.
How to sign up:
Please click the following link to make an appointment for Thursday's clinic at Temecula Valley High School: https://kordinator.mhealthcoach.net/vcl/temeculaunified
Here is what you will need to bring:
- Completed consent form (attached and will be available to download when making an appointment)
- COPY of their Driver's License & all insurance cards (medical and pharmacy) - We will have someone available to make copies if you are unable to.
- You must bring proof of employment at the district (ID Badge, Paystub, or one-page letter Etrieve Verification Form). Employees can access the Etrieve forms online and download the verification form from their Etrieve account and print.
Questions, please contact the Risk Management Department HERE.
TVUSD Employee COVID-19 Voluntary Testing for the Week of March 8, 2021
This week, a Risk Management team member will be at four sites during set days and times handing out voluntary self-administered COVID tests. You may also come to Risk Management (Building #24) between 7:30 am-4:30 pm any day during the week to take the test.
As a reminder, please be sure to self-screen for symptoms using the self-assessment form. Per our processes and protocols, if you are experiencing those symptoms, you should not be reporting to any of our District facilities, including not reporting for testing.
All the documents needed can be found by clicking this link.
All testing will be done outside the front office at the site (weather permitting).
Childcare for TVUSD Employees - Update
We are pleased to share that TVUSD's childcare staff were able to accommodate all requested placements in the childcare program for staff and families. We also believe we have worked through extended hours for secondary, classified, and administration staff drop-off. If you have a specific childcare need that has not been addressed, please contact Kim Haupt at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.