Ms. J. Lance's 9th Grade English
I've got a great year planned ahead, so I hope you're prepared. We are moving beyond the boundaries of the page into the world of language everywhere: music, movies, plays, television shows, video games, documentaries, and your traditional books, short stories, poetry, magazines, and newspapers. In fact, we will work throughout the year to create many of our own versions of the above, and you will end the year with a portfolio of work that you will be proud of.
In order to start the year off right, I ask that you come with the following supplies:
- Two notebooks of your preferred type, college ruled. You will leave one of these in the classroom.
- Writing utensils of your choice
- 1.5" three ring binder to store handouts and assignments (you may want a binder for this class separately as you will be responsible for holding onto a fair amount of paper).
- 1 package of dividers (at least 5)
- Loose leaf paper, college ruled
- An item from the following list, according to your class period:
- 1st period: Box of tissues
- 2nd period: Hand sanitizer
- 4th period: 2 dry erase markers, any color except pink or yellow
- 5th period: 1 package of 100 index cards, white
- 6th period: 1 pad of sticky notes
- 8th period: Box of tissues
If you have not yet received the school supply list, these items are often recommended for high school students:
- a backpack
- a reusable water bottle
- extra granola or snack bars
- a watch
Please review the school uniform policy before arriving on campus in order to ensure a successful first day.
I look forward to seeing you all in class! If you have any questions, do not be afraid to reach out and talk to me.
All my best,
Ms. Jessica Jalufka Lance
About Ms. J. Lance
After a year working a paint counter and doing furniture refinishing workshops, I made my way into the education world by returning to Texas. I've made Dallas my home now since June, and I look forward to years in this gorgeous city.