The News Flash
The Florence Twp. School District -- RESTART & RECOVER #4
Dear FTSD Families:
As you are aware, the FTSD will start school remotely on Tuesday, September 8th. In August, the Board of Education approved a revision to the Reopening Plan, which specified that all students PreK-12 will begin on all virtual instruction on September 8-18th. Our Hybrid schedule will start on Monday, September 21st.
FTSD is committed to following CDC, DOH, and state regulations to maintain and assure our staff and students' safety. Our administration, teachers, and staff have gone to great lengths to ensure we provide our students the very best start to this new school year!
Please remember to keep communication open and to contact us directly with any concerns you may. If you have technical and remote learning issues at any time, please contact your child's teacher and/or the building administrator, and someone will get in touch with you. We realize there will be setbacks, and we ask for your continued patience as we navigate these unchartered times.
Florence Twp. Memorial H.S. -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.499.4620
Riverfront School -- email@example.com or 609.499.4647
Roebling School - firstname.lastname@example.org or 609.499.4640
Please also continue to read our weekly district newsletters and individual school newsletters which are shared via email. Also make sure to friend/follow us on our Facebook and Twitter accounts so you don't miss out on important information!
- Florence Twp. Schools -- @FTSD
- Florence Twp. Memorial H.S. -- @FTSD_HS
- Riverfront School -- @FTSD_Riverfront
- Roebling Elementary -- @FTSD_Roebling
- Florence Twp. School District
- Florence Township Memorial High School
- Florence Township Riverfront School
- Roebling School
All information regarding the specifics of our Reopening Plan can be found by visiting www.florence.k12.nj.us.
We can all agree that these are challenging times, and we are in a unique situation, one which none of us has faced before. Despite the challenges ahead, we are confident that our Florence community will continue to work together to provide our students' best possible experience, with health and safety being our top priority. Let's continue to offer each other support as we navigate this together. We are ready to restart and recover, and together, we can make it happen!
ARE YOU READY?
Below you will also find the bell schedules for Full Remote (Sept 8th-18th), which apply to all PreK-12 students. Please remember that attendance is mandatory and will be taken by the teachers daily. All of our days are school days and count toward our mandatory 180 day school year. Students are expected to be logged on promptly and ready to go at the start of the day as detailed below:
Important things to know:
- Common Planning is a time set for our teachers to meet and plan. Students will NOT be logged on for that time.
- Catch up and Connect time is a time for students to log on and receive support from their teacher.
Preschool times will be:
- AM Preschool - 8:30 - 10:45
- PM Preschool - 11:35 - 2:05
REMOTE LEARNING GUIDANCE & EXPECTATIONS:
Throughout the year we will continue to provide additional resources and helpful links as we look to work together to have a successful school year!
- Create a Learning Space (if possible): Find a comfortable and quiet learning space in your home designated for learning. Check this helpful video out for setup ideas.
- Establish a Routine: Establish a structured routine to follow on a daily basis. Provide a consistent schedule and expectations for time to work, time to play, and time for family
- Assess and Adapt: Be aware that this is a new environment for students and check in from time to time on how they are feeling.
- Maintain a Balance: Help your child maintain a Healthy, Active, Balanced life during distant learning.
- Talk about the Learning: Talk to your children about their learning, ask questions about the content and reflect on the learning process.
- Ask for Support: Contact your child's teachers early and as often as you need if you have questions or need help with assisting your child with school work and projects.
- Offset Screen Time: Pay attention to how much screen time your child has and try to balance it as much as possible with other activities.
- Stay Connected: Help your child find ways to stay connected virtually with friends and classmates.
- Reach Out: Talk to other parents who also have children experiencing the distant learning period.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY - Be kind and patient with yourself and your children: Remember, we are all in this together. So, give yourself some grace.
EMP/EDP REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
As you are aware, the Florence Township School District will launch the hybrid/virtual schedule on September 21st, 2020.
Below please find our 2020-2021 EMP/EDP registration application for FTSD students in grades K-6 as well as our EMP/EDP program overview and reopening plan.
Due to social distancing requirements, space is limited, and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Once all slots are full, we will create a waitlist. Upon registration receipt, you will receive information from the EMP/EDP Office regarding more detailed information about the program, fees, procedures. Please note all past balances for EMP/EDP care must be paid in full before we can accept registration.
Thank you for your patience during these uncharted times.
2020/21 EMP/EDP REGISTRATION APPLICATION:
2020/21 EMP/EDP CHILDCARE OVERVIEW:
2020/21 EMP/EDP REOPENING PLAN:
9/7 -- School Closed for Labor Day
9/8 -- First Day of Remote Learning & lunch/breakfast program begins through google signup
9/14 -- Fall Sports Practices Begin
9/15 -- Riverfront Back to School Night - Virtual
9/16 - Roebling Back to School Night - Virtual
9/17 -- FTMHS Back to School Night - Virtual
9/21 -- Hybrid Instruction begins & EMP/EDP/Remote Care begins
9/21 -- Blue Week students report to school in person
9/28 -- Gold Week students report to school in person
9/25 -- Roebling Picture Day - Blue Week
10/2/20 - Roebling Picture Day - Gold Week
Check out our new & improved FTSD Website. Here you'll find everything you need for a great school year!