April 5, 2014
Queer People Of Color
This organization strives to provide an inclusive environment for individuals of various backgrounds including but not limited to: ethnic descents, ideologies, spiritual beliefs, race, political perspectives, etc. These individuals may also identify as a member or ally within the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, questioning community.
Monday, April 7th, 7pm
Howard Gittis Student Center (SAC), RM 200C
April 7, 2014 QPOC will host its first photo shoot in RM 200C of the student activity center (SAC). The photos taken will be displayed at the Edith Windsor event April 26th and HER Showcase April 21st. Fortunately those who did not already sign up will have an opportunity to do so on Monday. However all are welcomed to attend, not just those participating in the shoot. There will be games such as Mafia, taking place during the shoot!!
QPOC ask that everyone participating in the shoot arrive on time (7 pm) and wear white tops. Accessories such as ties, earrings, chains or glasses are welcomed as long as it does not take away from the photo. Please contact QPOC if you are enable to obtain a white top, can not make it there by 7pm, or have anymore questions. Thank you all in advance!!!
Showcase Participants ONLY
Tuesday, April 8th, 7pm
Morgan Hall South
If you have any questions or concerns contact QPOC via email or at Mondays GA Meeting.
Edie Windsor: “Love Conquers the Law: One Woman’s Voice Silences DOMA”
Saturday, April 26th, 2pm
1837 N Broad St
Monday, April 14th, 8pm
Temple Howard Gittis Center (SAC), RM 200C
Below is a brief over view of how elections will be ran
1. Call meeting to order
2. Explanation of each position
3. All candidates, even those being re-elected, must be endorsed by a first and second vote. People can self-nominate or be nominated by others.
4. QPOC recommends that each candidate that has been affirmed through parly pro, for each position to provide a brief speech justifying their decision to run (3 minutes MAX).
5. Once all positions have completed this process, ALL candidates leave the room.
6. The voting commence for each position, majority will rule.
7. Candidates re-enter the room and results are announced.
A decriptive list of E Board positions will be provided Monday, April 7th for those interested in running.