Crew's News - Mrs. Copeland's Class
December 5, 2014
What are we up to?
Text Features Game: https://www.superteachertools.net/jeopardyx/jeopardy-review-game-from-com.php?gamefile=http://www.superteachertools.com/jeopardy/usergames/Nov201044/jeopardy1288922616.txt#.VIGyvIf1xc5
IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
Dictionary Skills: 2nd grade Lang. Arts - HH.1, HH.2
Compound Words: 2nd grade Lang. Arts - EE.1, EE.2 and 3rd grade Lang. Arts - QQ.3
Writing - Learning how to write like a scientist (using a hypothesis and learning the scientific method). Creating lab reports to go along with our science experiments.
Math - Tell time to the nearest 5 minutes
- Grade Level Practice: 2nd grade - TIME (Q.3, Q.4, Q.5, Q.6, Q.8)
- Need a Challenge?: 2nd grade - TIME (Q.9, Q17)
Science - Force and Motion unit
Here are the videos we are using in class to help us understand force and motion. The flocabulary link has a GREAT song that we are using daily!
- December 6 - Scholastic Book Order Due
- December 8-12 - Dance Kinetics Class (in school)
- December 11 - Fun Run Informational Lunch (see email with attachment sent 12/5/14)
- December 15 - Bricks4Kidz (Please pay $8 by 12/12)
- December 18 - Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night (Cherry Rd.) 6:30pm-10:00pm
- December 21 - Jan 3 - NO SCHOOL - Christmas Break
- January 5 - Return to school
- January 6 - Box Top Collection Day and SIC meeting at 4 pm
- January 15 - HALF DAY FOR STUDENTS - NO CHALLENGER
- January 16 - Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for students
- January 19- MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
Winter Dress UP Days! (12/15 - 12/19)
Monday - Favorite ugly holiday sweater/t-shirt
Tuesday - Favorite childhood toy
Wednesday - Elf on the shelf (put on your elf hat and ears to bring in the season)
Thursday - Reindeer (dress like a reindeer-any reindeer attire will do)
Friday - Favorite winter pajamas
Children's Attention Home Donation
Student Council is sponsoring a supply drive for the Children's Attention Home. The Children's Attention Home Inc. provides emergency shelter and nurturing services to abused, abandoned, and neglected children in S.C.
Please help us support them by donating the following supplies:
- *Gift cards from any stores, but most often, gift cards to Wal-mart, Target, Belk, and Kohl's are most useful.
- HE Laundry Detergent
- Pull Ups size 2T(girls) size 3T & 4T(boys)
- Size 5 Diapers
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towels/Napkins
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
- Cereal (Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Golden Grahams)
- Individually wrapped snack foods
- Men and Women's Socks
Golf Squad at India Hook Elementary School
Please see the below web address for more information and to register your child
Scholastic Book Orders Due MONDAY
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: L6J42
You can shop and submit your order online or return the printed order form with payment. No matter how you order, every purchase you make earns FREE Books and educational supplies for our classroom. Orders are due by Monday, Dec. 8; this should allow enough time for the books to get here before the holidays. If I get enough orders in sooner, I will place the order sooner.
To Order Onine:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! Have a great weekend!