St. Jerome School Weekly Newsletter
Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
“May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.”
St. Theresa of Avila
From Mr. Merrick
We wish to thank you for your support with the Race for Education; we are looking forward to a fun day as well as this necessary fundraiser (especially since we were not able to hold it this past spring). We are making progress toward our goal, but still need your support to reach 20,000.
Below, you will find the route that we will be walking as well as some more details for the event next Tuesday. Please pray for a sunny day! The students may wear their gym uniforms on the race day; if you ordered them, the race t-shirts are supposed to be in as well (along with the other spirit wear). We will send them home as soon as they arrive.
Progress reports will be available on OptionC this weekend. Please log-in to check your child's progress. Next Wednesday, October 28th, is an early dismissal day, and we will hold virtual parent/teacher conferences in the afternoon and evening. Mr. Dooley has created a video (posted below) with information about scheduling conferences. If you can not make a time on October 28th, you may email your child's teacher to schedule another mutually convenient time.
Our October school liturgy will be at 10:00 AM next Wednesday, October 28th. It will be streamed live for parents and other family member/friends on our school Facebook page.
Have a great rest of the week; St. Jerome, pray for us!
Race for Education
- With your support and generosity, we hope to raise $20,000!If we reach our school goal of $20,000, Father Reilly has pledged to treat the children to a “Water Ice” celebration in the school yard on the afternoon of the Race.
- Our multi-talented pastor will even serve as a “Super Scooper” during the celebration!
- We are looking for donations of store-bought pre-packaged/individually packaged snacks (chips, pretzels, rice crispy treats, etc) to sell after the race to help raise funds. Donations may be sent into school on Monday or Tuesday.
- The Race is scheduled for Tuesday, October 27th at 10:00 AM. (Rain date is Thursday, 10/29.)
- Our students and faculty will walk a designated route through the Winchester Park neighborhood.
- Neighbors are encouraged to decorate windows and front yards with messages of encouragement for our walkers. COVID restrictions will be in place. We most certainly can have fun while being socially distant!
- Virtual students and other guests are welcome to come in their cars (decorated if you wish) and line to route to cheer on our students. We are working to also live-stream the race for virtual students and other guests to participate from home.
- The students will be permitted to wear the school gym uniform that day.
- Pre-packaged snacks for the students will be on sale following the race; all proceeds will go toward the Race for Education
- Here’s how you can help:
- Share the donation link: St. Jerome School Race for Education
- Credit Cards and Paypal: St. Jerome School Race for Education
- Cash or checks: Cash or checks made payable to St. Jerome School can be sent into school with a student, dropped off at the main office, or handed in at the rectory scrip counter.
Parent/Teacher Conferences (October 28th)
- Parent/teacher conferences day is scheduled for Wednesday, October 28th from 1:00 PM-5:00 PM and 6:30 PM-9:00 PM. The students will be dismissed at 12:00 PM that day.
- All conferences will be held virtually
- All conferences will be scheduled through OptionC. Mr. Dooley has prepared a video tutorial below. He can also assist you if you have any questions: email@example.com
- Scheduling closes at 12:00 PM on Tuesday, October 27th.
- Conferences are not required, but our teachers look forward to discussing your child's progress. Your child's teacher will reach out to you if he or she requests a conference.
- If your teacher does not have any open slots or you can not make a time on October 28th, you may email your child's teacher to schedule another mutually convenient time.
St. Jerome Scrip Program
Support St. Jerome on Amazon Smile:
Virtue of the Month for October: Reverence
Student Health Reminders
Our reopening plan calls on every member of the school community to support our values of mutual respect, integrity, willingness to sacrifice for the common good and foster community bonds across generations. Commitment to the policies will assist in protecting the health and welfare of all members of our school community.
In an effort to keep all children safe, we ask that Parents monitor their children’s Health daily. Below are the expectations related to the health monitoring.
I attest to :
Fever of 100.4 or above,
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing,
Muscle or body aches,
New loss of taste or smell,
Congestion or runny nose,
Nausea or vomiting,
My child has not had any contact with anyone with COVID
My child has not traveled a location designated as a “Hot Spot
I am following all CDC recommended guidelines and limiting my/my child’s exposure to risks such as above
If any of these symptoms present, please keep your child from school and contact the school. If the symptoms are serious please seek immediate medical attention. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
We will keep you informed if the list of symptoms, listed above, changes in any way.