Volume 9 Issue 12 May 15th, 2017
May 15th-Senior Awards Day (9:00 am)
May 15th-Class of 2017 Baccalaureate--Oak Hill Baptist Church @ 6:00 pm
May 15th-Symphonic Pops Concert--SWHS @ 7:00 pm
May 17th-Hall of Fame Banquet--First & Farmers Downtown branch @ 2:00 pm
May 17th-Final Exams-2nd/4th Blocks
May 18th-Final Exams-1st/3rd/5th Blocks
May 19th-Closing Day for Teachers
May 19th-Graduation 7:00 pm/Project Graduation 11:00 pm - 6:00 am
Kagan Day 5 training is scheduled for August 3rd, 2017 with lunch on your own. Please bring your white Kagan Book with you to the training--Don't pack it up when you get your classroom ready for the summer! Use the link below to register for Day 5 training.--Many of you have noticed that the Dates to Remember sheet has a different date listed due to an earlier change--Please schedule Kagan Day 5 for August 3rd.--Please note that if you haven't attended all prior days (in order), you will need to register for the next day that needs to be completed. Kagan training must be completed in order starting with day 1 through day 5. Also, the link will only take you straight to the registration if you login to CIITS beforehand.
Close of Year Checklist
As the school year comes to a close, please remember the following things to do to be ready for the end of the year:
- Post Grades in the Correct Order--Term, Exam, Final and leave in guidance copies of final exams (with the key so it can be graded) for any student who misses your exam--Check with Donna in Guidance to ensure your grades have posted and you have all Incomplete grades resolved
- Print Grades--Every class you taught from all 3 trimesters--This gets turned into the Front Office
- Turn in keys--If not returning next year, please turn in your classroom keys
- Classroom--Please pack up the items in your classroom so that you are ready for summer cleaning. Remember not to pack your Kagan book, as you will need that for summer PD. Charity has requested that all computers be unhooked from the black box and stored somewhere safe inside your classroom (not on your desk). There should be nothing stacked on the floor.
- Lost Books--Turn in any lost book forms to Mr. Cress after you have contacted the parents/guardians concerning these fees.
Class of 2017 Dates
For those of you with seniors in your classes, here are some important upcoming dates:
- May 12th-Senior Final Exams deadline
- May 12th-Senior Final Grades posted in Infinite Campus (notify Mr. Grider of any possible issues)
- May 15th-Senior Awards Day
- May 15th-Names of ANY seniors that still owe for books, calculators, unpaid fees to Mr. Cress/Mr. Grider
- May 15th-Baccalaureate @ 6:00 pm-Oak Hill Baptist Church
- May 18th-Senior Cap and Gown Picture along with Graduation rehearsal and elementary/middle school walks--Seniors leave for elementary schools at 8:15 am from the GYM
- May 19th-Graduation @7:00 pm in the gym
- May 19th-Project Graduation 11:00 pm - 6:00 am
Those faculty that are senior sponsors need to see Mr. Grider in guidance to help out with graduation and either Kelsey Bray or Kristen Montgomery to help out with Project Graduation. All faculty are encouraged to participate in both graduation and Project Graduation.