LHR Monday Memo
October 12, 2015
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Mon, 10/12 - Volleyball vs Melissa
Tue, 10/13 - STAAR Reward Shopping Trip
Thur, 10/15 - Football @ Anna
Fri, 10/16 - Fire Drill
Mon, 10/19 - Volleyball @ Community
Tue, 10/20 - Departmental Meetings (@ Conf. Pd)
Tue, 10/20 - Title 1 Parent Meeting @ 4:30pm
Fri, 10/23 - End of 1st Quarter
Wed, 10/28 - Faculty Meeting @ 3:45pm
**See 9 weeks test schedule below.***
Monday, 10/19/15 - Math
Tuesday, 10/20/15 - Reading
Wednesday, 10/21/15 - Science and Social Studies
Test should be created using the question bank in Eduphoria Aware and a copy should be given to Ryan/Traci by Thursday, October 15th. (You may use a previously created test from Eduphoria Aware as long as it is in line with the TEKS you covered this quarter.)
Please use Thursday and Friday to go over the test with your students in some meaningful way. It could be through independent test corrections (with supportive reasoning for new answer, etc) or a whole group review as long as student are allowed the opportunity to learn from their mistakes.
- Don't forget to remind your 7th period class to bring cans for the GDOS food drive competition.
- Remember that we would like each department to complete a grant application for the Bonham Education Foundation. The deadline is October 26th. (See link above.)
- Please do not allow students to work in the teacher work room unsupervised due to safety and confidentiality concerns.
- Help us be consistent by not allowing students to have food and drinks in class (excluding the athletes 2nd period).
- Continue to check the dress code daily. Please record the dress code violation in the Discipline Management Program for documentation purposes.
- A big thank you to Tiffany and Marsha for organizing such a great first pep rally of the year. It was awesome!
- Kuddos to everyone for helping make Friday's BHS pep rally and early release day run so smoothly. We appreciate everyone's efforts!
- Thank you to Susie, Ruthann and Myrna for making our concession stands so successful again last week.
- We appreciate everyone's flexibility last Thursday when we had so many staff members out.