By: Luke bradshaw
Key People in the War
Central Powers are- Germany, Austria-Hungary, Turkey and Bulgaria
What caused the us to enter ww1
How did Texas Play an important role during the war.
How did WW1 end
The Great Depresion
People who are lined up tying to get into there bank.
A car that has been destroyed by the fast winds of the dust.
People who lived in the dust bowl time.
- During World War I, federal spending grows three times larger than tax collections. When the government cuts back spending to balance the budget in 1920, a severe recession results. However, the war economy invested heavily in the manufacturing sector, and the next decade will see an explosion of productivity... although only for certain sectors of the economy.
- An average of 600 banks fail each year.
- Herbert Hoover becomes President.
- Annual per-capita income is $750. More than half of all Americans are living below a minimum subsistence level.
- Backlog of business inventories grows three times larger than the year before.
- Recession begins in August, two months before the stock market crash. During this two month period, production will decline at an annual rate of 20 percent, wholesale prices at 7.5 percent, and personal income at 5 percent.
- Stock market crash begins October 24. Investors call October 29 Black Tuesday. Losses for the month will total $16 billion, an astronomical sum in those days.
How did FDR pull us out of depression
Roosevelt died before the war ended and before he could implement his New Deal revival. His successor, Harry Truman, in a 16,000 word message on Sept. 6, 1945, urged Congress to enact FDR's ideas as the best way to achieve full employment after the war.
What caused the dust bowl and how did it affect farmers
Witch new deal programs were important to texas
How were farmers and miners affected by this?
Allies- US, Britain, France, China, Austria, Canada, The soviet Union, New zealand and India