Make the Summer of 2018 GREAT
Campsick vs Homesick
I hope this newsletter helps to make the Summer of 2018 GREAT!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, or other camps I can add to this list!
$500 Scholarship to attend ANY STEM Camp
Applications MUST BE RECEIVED by: April 30, 2018
Maine Summer Transportation Institute (MSTI)
The University of Maine in Orono has been hosting the two week long Maine Summer Transportation Institute (MSTI) for middle school students in the Foster Student Innovation Center. The purpose of the Institute is to create awareness and stimulate interest in students to take full advantage of the opportunities that exist in the transportation industry. If students are accepted, the camp is FREE. July 9 - July 20, 2018 from 9am-4pm Students in grades 6-8 are encouraged to apply here
Adventures in Healthcare
June 25-28, 2018
STEMtastic Summer Camps at Challenger Learning Center of Maine
Maine Robotics Summer Camps
MSSM Summer Camp
The MSSM Summer Camp program provides an opportunity for campers to exchange ideas and experiences with like-minded peers and an enthusiastic and dedicated staff who share their passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Campers discover new and exciting opportunities as they delve deeper into these subjects, which ignite a desire to pursue careers in these fields.
Fees: Day Camper: $450 per week; Boarding Camper: $750 per week. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Boys' Wk 1 (Ages 10-13): July 1-7
- Boys' Wk 2 (Ages 11-14): July 8-14
- Girls' Wk 1 (Ages 11-14): July 22-28
- Girls' Wk 2 (Ages 10-13): July 29-August 4
- Co-ed/Capstone (Ages 12-14): July 15-21
Campers ages 11, 12,13 & 14 can stay for two weeks.
Windover Art Center Summer Day Camp
Art Lessons for ANYONE with Valerie Wallace
Creativity Soars at UMMA! Summer Art Camp
Summer Art Camp for Grades 1-9
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 12 pm
Enroll your child in UMMA’s 19th annual Summer Art Camp, a fun, educational art experience held at the Museum in the heart of downtown Bangor. Each session is led by a professional Museum educator. Sessions are held in the museum classroom and galleries. Campers will have the opportunity to view and talk about art and participate in a wide array of hands-on art activities. More information click here
Maine Writing Project's Young Author's Camp
Where young writers…create…think…write…make new friends…and have fun!
Develop writing with experienced teacher-consultants of the Maine Writing Project. Celebrate and share your writing in a relaxed atmosphere with peers and writing project mentors.
- July 9 – 13 for those entering Grades 3-12. 8:30 am to 12 noon.
- Price: $150 per camper.
- Early registration discount: $135 if paid by June 1st. Click here to register
- Fee includes morning snack, T-shirt, group picture, certificate of achievement and publication in our young writers summer anthology.
Consider Engineering - HS Juniors ONLY
The Consider Engineering program is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply principles you have learned in high school to engineering problems. You will learn and have fun as one of 102 students who will be selected competitively to spend four days in Orono at the University of Maine with all program costs being paid by The University of Maine Pulp and Paper Foundation. The Application deadline is May 1, 2018.
University of Maine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Bryant Pond
Early College Summer Program at UNE
Begin your path toward your future by spending time on the beautiful coast of Maine this summer. The University of New England offers an opportunity for rising juniors and seniors in high school to earn three credits while experiencing college life. If you are an academic achiever, you may be qualified to participate in our summer Early College Program (Summer 2018 Dates: July 8–July 20). By starting your journey to college life you will have an advantage of both an educational experience and college culture familiarity. UNE’s Early College Program provides the opportunity to study at one of US News and World Reports top universities. Begin your college career with credits and a college transcript. Students can get a taste of college life by living in a dorm or commuting from home during the course of study. Each program includes recreational field trip opportunities to experience the scenic coast of Maine in the summer.
- As an Early College Coastal Marine Ecology student, you get an overview of the Marine Sciences and Environmental Studies, work in a state-of-the-art research facility, and study marine ecosystems in the lab and in the field.
- As an Early College Neuroscience student, you learn from top UNE neuroscientists who open up their laboratories and provide lectures in this highly competitive program. You study such topics as cellular anatomy and function, drug effects and pharmacology, animal behavior, and philosophical implications of neuroscience research.