TEAM KNIGHT...ALL IN!
Back to School 2022-23
Our School Vision
Knight Vision: To share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Our 2022-23 school theme "TEAM KNIGHT...ALL IN!" is directly aligned with our continued vision and instructional expectations for Knight: to share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Knight Mission: To provide a positive, stimulating, and secure environment that empowers the individual to grow socially, emotionally, and intellectually in order to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Knight Belief: We believe all kids can learn…
…and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve. It is our job to create an environment in our classrooms that engages students in academic work that results in a high level of achievement. We are confident that with our support and help, students can master challenging curricula, and we expect them to do so. We are prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and parents to achieve this shared educational purpose (DuFour, 1997a).
Calendar for 2022-23
This approved calendar features a start date of Aug. 3, seven days of pre-planning for teachers, the staggered return of students, and fourth digital learning days. The four digital learning days are scheduled throughout the year, with two occurring in 1st semester and two in 2nd semester. The calendar also features a fall break in October, a two-week winter break, the addition of a break in February, a week scheduled for spring break, and end date of May 24.
Homeroom Assignments for 2022-23
During the week of July 25th, you will receive a phone call from your child’s teacher welcoming you to the 2022-23 school year.
School Supply Lists
Check the Parents tab on the school website or click here to access the 2022-23 school supply lists.
Tips for Meet Your Teacher Day!
- During the week of July 25th, your child's teacher will welcome you to the 2022-23 school year via phone.
- You can enter Knight through the side doors by the car rider lane, the front doors, or the doors by the gym. We will have staff members stationed there to help you.
- Go straight to your child's homeroom class. You will drop off your child's supplies, confirm transportation, and meet your child's teacher.
- If you do not know your child's teacher or need to drop off paperwork, please visit the registration table in the Knight cafeteria.
- Visit the Knight cafe to purchase spirit wear, get questions answered from our cafeteria manager, discuss transportation questions, and get car rider numbers.
- Make sure you visit https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/ to sign off on paperwork, join PTA, and pay dues.
- This is a drop-in event between 8:00-11:00 AM for students with last names A-L and 12:30-3:30 PM for students with last names M-Z.
- Thank you for your support! We can't wait to welcome everyone back.
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATIONS
Apply after July 15th for the school year 2022-23
• ONLINE APPLICATIONS (Private, Fast & Available 24/7) SCHOOL LUNCH APPLICATION
• APPLICATION STATUS CHECK SCHOOL LUNCH STATUS
• QUESTIONS: CONTACT HELP LINE 678-301-6307
First Day of School & Staggered Start
All students begin school on Wednesday, August 3rd.
- Students in grades K & 1, as well as students with special needs who are served in a small group homeroom, will start in-person learning on Wednesday, August 3rd, with all other students participating in digital learning at home.
- On Thursday, August 4th, students in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 will start in-person learning.
Parents will receive additional information and a detailed schedule at Meet Your Teacher Day on Monday, August 1st.
Play 2 Learn
Looking for a program for your younger child that encourages them and YOU to PLAY, LEARN, and GROW?
Play 2 Learn is that program!
Who can ‘Play 2 Learn’?
Children ages birth to 5 and their parents or caregivers
What is the program about?
Learning through PLAY
Where is it?
Knight Elementary and a number of elementary schools across
How long is it?
90 minutes, once a week, from September to May
Why come to Play 2 Learn?
Early childhood experiences are so important to lifelong
Get started on an amazing learning journey with your child!
Contact our Parent Instructional Coordinator, Kelli Sheffield, by email (Kelli.Sheffield@gcpsk12.org) at 770-921-2400 to enroll your child and you in Play 2 Learn.
Knight PTA News!
Please join the PTA this year!
Knight PTA's ultimate goal is to benefit our children and support their learning experience. Membership is an opportunity to connect with other parents and to support our school. Our goal is one membership for each student. Membership is only $5 per person! Please join at:
Membership is $5 per individual adult (not per household or per student as GA PTA does not allow household memberships).
Thank you for supporting the PTA!
NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT
The Nominating Committee of Knight Elementary School (KES) PTA submits the following nominees for the 2022-23 school year:
Co-President ~ Vanessa Estremadoyro
Co-President ~ Jocabed Montoya
Vice President ~ Kelly Morgan
Secretary ~ Denise Carter
Treasurer ~ Cherie Peck
Dr. Toni Ferguson, KES Principal
Jeanne Robinson, KES PTA Treasurer
Shannon Quillian, KES PTA Member
Nominees will be posted ten days prior to the election.
All nominees and those voting must be current members of the KES PTA.
Each member gets one vote.
The election date is TBA.
According to GA PTA, everyone—parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join the PTA.
Need More Help?
Please feel free to contact Kelli Sheffield, Kelli.Sheffiled@gcpsk12.org , in our Parent Center. You can also reach them by phone from 9:00am - 3:00pm at 770-806-3887.
Finally, please visit the Knight website often for information and updates at KnightESHomepage Thank you for your generosity and support as we continue to ensure learning for all students at Knight Elementary!