International Training Course
Expanding Opportunities for Youth Employment
When? Where? With whom?
Dates: 20—28 August 2019.
Location: Sumy, Ukraine.
Participants: youth workers, trainers, youth leaders, educators from partner organisations from Azerbaijan, Armenia, Cyprus, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Spain and Ukraine.
The project is dedicated to the issue of the youth unemployment, which is highly relevant for most of the Programme and Eastern partnership countries.
There are multiple and complex causes behind youth unemployment. Among them, the quality and relevance of education, inflexible labor market and regulations, which in turn create a situation of assistance and dependency, are the main causes discussed today.
The situation is usually worse when we are talking about young people from non-capital, small cities, rural, distant areas or deprived urban areas and young migrants. Among consequences of youth unemployment is further urbanization and labor migration, which lead to regions decline. Another consequence is connected with the exclusion of migrants and leads to such negative effects as crime growth.
By conducting this project we would like to provide support for local NGOs to help their target groups – local young people – in self-realization and future development as active community members.
Training course will be dedicated to the coaching of young people with fewer opportunities in their career building, especially on the online job market. The participants of the TC – youth workers who will be prepared to act as coaches in their communities and support young people in their career building.
Aims and objectives
- to explore the causes and consequences of youth unemployment in rural and deprived urban areas;
- to train an international group of youth workers to become coaches for young people with fewer opportunities in their self-realization and future career, especially on the online job market;
- to support organisations working with young people with fewer opportunities (esp. those coming from rural and deprived urban areas and migrants) and provide them with the innovative tools aimed at youth development;
- to promote international cooperation and capacity building in the field of youth work.
- pewobe g GmbH (Germany) — coordinating/sending
- Center for Euroinitiatives (Ukraine) — hosting
- Youth Cooperation Centre of Dilijan (Armenia) — sending
- Modern Youth Public Union (Azerbaijan) — sending
- Together Cyprus (Cyprus) — sending
- Institute for Democratic Changes (Georgia) — sending
- Asociacion Juvenil Intercambia (Spain) — sending
- Associazione Culturale Beyond Borders Corato (Italy) — sending
- youth workers, trainers, youth leaders, educators who have direct access to our final beneficiaries group of young people to multiply new experience and skills in their communities;
- having guaranteed support from their sending organisations in the implementing future activities based on the experience gained in the TC;
- motivated to take part in the TC and to be personally interested in the topic of the TC;
- motivated to implement the experiences gained on the TC in their communities;
- motivated to build and support international partnerships which will be created during the TC with the future Erasmus+ projects;
- no younger than 18 years old (due to the international travel restrictions), no upper age limits.
Each of the partner organisation will delegate its participants to take part in the TC:
- pewobe g GmbH (Germany) — 5 participants;
- Center for Euroinitiatives (Ukraine) — 6 participants;
- Youth Cooperation Centre of Dilijan (Armenia) — 4 participants;
- Modern Youth Public Union (Azerbaijan) — 4 participants;
- Together Cyprus (Cyprus) — 4 participants;
- Institute for Democratic Changes (Georgia) — 5 participants;
- Asociacion Juvenil Intercambia (Spain) — 4 participants;
- Associazione Culturale Beyond Borders Corato (Italy) — 4 participants.
Deadline for sending participant's forms — 30 of June 2019.
Accommodation: the participants will be accommodated in rooms for 2 in the hotel situated in the very center of the city — Reikartz Sumy (1 Voskresenska St., Sumy, 40000, Ukraine).
Food: you will have three meals and two coffee-breaks a day. Please, inform about your food habits and needs (fast, vegetarian, vegan etc).
Working language: English.
Internet Access: there will be free wi-fi available in the hotel.
Plugs: the type of the plugs in Ukraine is European. Make sure that you have adapters for your electrical devises.
What to bring with you:
- “Standard international project equipment”: an alarm clock, any dictionaries you might require, music, comfortable clothes, personal first aid kit etc;
- To present your country: food, souvenirs and other materials you'll find useful;
- To present your organisation: posters, flyers, pictures etc;
- Additionally, we will inform you about the things which you need to prepare and bring for the programme elements.
Crossing the border and identification in Ukraine
While crossing the border you might be asked to provide information about the hosting organization:
Center for Euroinitiatives
22 Naberezhna r. Strilky Street
40009, Sumy, Ukraine
+38 (0542) 79-86-68
Participants from Ukraine: bring your national IDs (national passport, driver license or student ID card).
The day of arrival to the venue: 20 August 2019
The day of departure: 28 August 2019
How to get to Ukraine:
We will organize your trip from the airport to the venue:
1) If you fly to Kharkiv: the trip will take around 3-4 hours (~ 8 EUR, one way);
2) If you fly to Kyiv: the trip will take around 5-6 hours (~ 10 EUR, one way).
In case you are coming to Kyiv by bus or train we will also assist with the transfer to Sumy.
If you would like to have few days for exploring the country, it's possible to take 2 additional days before the arrival day or after the departure day. In this case you would have to cover all the expenses connected with the additional staying (hotel, food etc) on your own.
Before buying any tickets, please contact Larisa Kondratenko (email@example.com) and provide her information about your travel plans (means, place of arrival, timing, prices). She will consult you about the best travel solutions and will help you to arrange your trip to the venue.
Maximum amount to be reimbursed for participants:
- Azerbaijan, Armenia, Cyprus, Georgia, Germany, Italy — 275 Euro;
- Spain — 530 Euro.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check-in as well. Please, be aware that in case you lose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of the European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Important: the reimbursement of travel costs for participants will be done via bank transfer to the bank account provided, upon presentation of all required original travel documents.
You are welcome to consult with us before purchasing the tickets. Please make the copies (better scan or photo) of all the tickets and invoices before your arrival to the youth exchange. Email those to Larisa Kondratenko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Currency in Ukraine
Please check the weather forecast before coming and make sure that you have an appropriate cloth.
Founded in 1655 Sumy is 361 years old, and combines great history with modern life. The central street, Soborna, after reconstruction in 2001, is an exact copy of the street's image at the beginning of the twentieth century, and the centre of Sumy is dominated by three big cathedrals. Outside of the small old town the city consists of large apartment buildings built in soviet times. The city is very green, lies on both sides of the Psol River, and is surrounded by lakes and forests.
A city of beautiful churches and historical sights, Sumy also has a wide choice of the restaurants, cafes, and nightclubs.
Some Ukrainian words
Hi. Привіт. (prih-VEET) [informal] Вітаю. (vee-TAH-yoo) [formal]
How are you? Як справи? (yak SPRA-vy?) / Як ty? (yak ty?)
Fine, thank you. Добре, дякую. (DOH-breh, DYAH-koo-yoo)
Please. Будь ласка (bood' LAH-skah)
Thank you. Дякую. (DYAH-koo-yoo)
Yes. Так. (tahk)
No. Ні. (nee)
Do you speak English? Ви розмовляєте англійською? (vih roz-mow-LA-yeh-teh an-HLEE-skoh-yoo?)
Manuela Demel – coordinator of the project from applicant organization pewobe g GmbH, email@example.com
Larisa Kondratenko – logistic support of the project from hosting organization Center for Euroinitiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org