Creating Your Works Cited Page
A Part of the Research Process
When Creating a Works Cited Page:
- List the sources in alphabetical order by the author's last name. For a work with no author listed, use the first important word of the title.
- Underline titles of books.
- Place periods after each part of an entry and at the end.
- Put titles of web articles in quotation marks.
- Include access date and URL for web sources.
- Follow the correct format for documentation of sources. (We will use MLA.)
- Begin each entry on a separate line, aligned with the left margin. Additional lines should have a hanging indent of one-half inch.
- Should be typed, double spaced, and in 12 point font.
MLA Documentation Style Format
For our report, we will use MLA documentation style format. Not every source will match these formats exactly, but here are some basics along with examples.