AP Env. Science A Course Resources
Module 5: Terrestrial Biomes and Land Use
The resources in this newsletter are in addition to those found in MODULE 5: Terrestrial Biomes and Land Use of your course content. You should first go through the content and complete the quizzes and activities. These resources are to supplement your understanding of the concepts. Please contact me if you have questions!
Terrestrial Biomes Study Guide
ASSIGNMENT RESOURCES AND TIPS
Assignment: Pros and Cons of Genetic Modification
- The instructions for this assignment are on page 3 of the module.
- Genetic engineering is a much-debated and high emotion topic. Research the advantages and disadvantages of genetic modification. Develop a chart that lists at least five basic points for each side. Be sure to include a citation with this assignment and consider the reputation of your sources.
DISCUSSION: Curitba, Brazil
- Use this RUBRIC to help you write a discussion posting that will earn full points.
- Make sure when you respond to your classmates that you post AT LEAST a 4 sentence response. "I agree with..." or "I disagree with..." is not enough to earn full points for a response. You must say why you agree or disagree and back up your reasoning.
FRQ: Terrestrial Biomes
- To receive full credit for the free response question, you will need to show all steps necessary to explain how the answer was found.
- The College Board used to offer 11 possible points for each FRQ, but a student can never earn more than 10 points on an FRQ. So your FRQs will be graded out of 10 points.
- Watch these videos for help answering FRQs: FRQ Tips and Tricks Part 1, FRQ Tips and Tricks Part 2
- FRQs may NOT be resubmitted for a higher grade.
TEST: Terrestrial Biomes and Land Use
- Do not begin your test until you have completed all self-assessments, assignments, and the review items and feel confident in your understanding of this material.