NCVPS ESPAÑOL 3 Honors
WEEK 7, JULY 29 - August 2
with Sra. Beverly Myers
This week we are working on Unit 7, Las Profesiones y las Carreras. (See schedule of assignments below.) Please note that this unit has 5 lessons. Next week we will finish up with Unit 8 and also the Final Exam/Final Project (Friday, August 9). The Final Project counts 20% of the final grade (Exam-10% and Project-10%).
I am also including next week's Schedule of Assignments (below) for Unit 8 and the Final Exam/Final Project.
Final Project Information
Project for Units 7/8
- Instead of a Units 7/8 project like you have completed for the other projects this summer, you are going to create 3 extra slides linking units 7 (las carreras y el trabajo) and unit 8 (el arte) as part of the final project. You will receive a grade for these extra slides which will count as your Unit 7/8 project.
- You will put these slides in your Final Project, due Friday, August 9 @ 11:55pm when your Final Project and Final Exam are due.
- You are going to describe 3 different careers as an artist (singer, architecture, painter, composer, etc). For each one you should answer these questions with content:
- ¿qué tendrá que estudiar o aprender para vivir de su profesión? (use the future verb tense)
- ¿qué tendría que hacer este artista para encontrar trabajo? (use the conditional verb tense)
- ¿qué es lo bueno y lo malo de ser artista? (use LO + adjective constructions)
- ¿a qué artista de este tipo de arte admiras? [use "qué" and "cómo" to express surprise or admiration]
- Make sure you use the grammar requested and vocabulary from the units.
- Cite your pictures.
- Include an audio different than your written narrative.
- Check listas de vocabulario.
End of semester information for students
I, _____________________ understand that our class will close on Friday, August 9 @ 11:55pm. In addition, I understand that I will complete 3 slides for the project for Units 7/8 by Friday, August 9 @ 11:55pm which will be included in the Final Project for the class. Next, I understand that I am to submit a Final Exam and a Final Project (including the slides for the project for Units 7/8) that will consist of grammar and vocabulary from Units 2-8, which count as 20% of my final grade, also due by Friday, August 9 @ 11:55pm when the Final Exam and Final Project will close. Unit 8 and any other missing assignment(s) from Units 5-8 must be submitted by this deadline. Last, I understand that there will be no extensions to these deadlines.
How are grades calculated?
Signing up as a Parent Observer in Canvas
It's not too late to signup and be an observer in our class and see what your student is accomplishing in our class!
CLICK HERE for the step-by-step details to sign up as a Canvas Observer in our class! We would love to have you in our class!