Parent Blast - September 14, 2021
Off To A Great Start!
We are off to a great start with all of your awesome kids! Classes have launched into connection activities, social-emotional learning, reading, writing, calendar/number corner activities and so much more. It has been great to hear laughter and see kids playing together at recess, hearing their conversations at lunch and see them enjoying P.E., Music and Library once again.
This year our school improvement goals are focused on writing, speaking/language and culturally responsive teaching/education. Below you will find activities you can do at home to help us on these goal areas.
We are also making a shift to a new behavior support system. Read below to find out more about the M.A.G.I.C acronym and the skills we are working on as a school.
We are continuing our morning announcement with our sixth grade crew and the team is doing a great job! We will be calling out birthdays via announcements; if your family does not celebrate please let us know.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- September 15th - Drill Day (see info below)
- October 5th - Vision Screening
Booster Club News
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
Here are some ways you can support your child at home:
Goal 1: Language & Speaking
- Ask your child what they learned at school and what activities they completed
- Use open-ended questions (What was your favorite part? What was a hard part? Tell me more).
- Avoid yes/no questions to encourage more language use.
- Celebrate the use of new vocabulary words
Goal 2: Writing
- Provide your child with opportunities to write (letter to grandparents or friends, shopping list, notes back and forth between family members, journals)
- For younger children, encourage pictures and letters or pictures and words; avoid spelling for your child and instead sound out words asking them to write the letters for the sounds they hear.
Goal 3: Culturally Responsive Education
- Talk with your child about your family culture - what is important to you?
- Encourage your child to share their language, family recipes/foods and family history
Century Health Clinic
- M - make eye contact and/or give your full attention
- A - accept failure and learn from your mistakes
- G - get up and go for it
- I - there is no "i" in team, work together
- C - celebrate and empower others
You may see a "wild card" ticket come home with your child. These tickets are given out each time your child shows one of the above skills. They can enter these into monthly drawings for prizes (so please send them back to school).
Due to frequent changes in supply, our menu is subject to change. You can view the weekly planned menu here: https://family.titank12.com/menu/ERRCAH?lang=English